Sunday, November 21, 2010

Where's my hovercraft? and other things I thought would happen by now.

I did expect a world a little more like The Fifth Element by now. But, one thing Geology taught me is that change is S-L-O-W. Looking at the movement of different continents and the forming of different supercontinents (like Pangaea) and how long it took was awesome to me.
I think that Lady GaGa has definitely helped hair and fashion be weird enough for a futuristic feel. xD (I'm hilarious.)
I thought there would definitely be more voice-command stuff going on. It's mostly just phones that have it. And even then, it doesn't work that great. I love hearing someone somewhere yelling,"Call Mom!!!" into their phone. Or saying "yes" over and over trying to get the dopey thing to recognize what they want. I also think it's funny that phones were getting smaller and smaller and now they're all kinda huge again so we can see movies on them. Hahaha. How sad that we need screens constantly - on our phone, in the car, on our ipod. Life is lackluster without the ability to watch some cartoons? Come, come, now. My parents had us look out the window. And if we got annoying there were little threats of arm-breakage or something. Besides, I'd get too carsick if I didn't look out the window. We'd play the license plate game or count horses or yell out different animals we saw. So, I find that sad. And that I'll see babies shaking their parents' phone and it making a rattling sound to distract them. Folks, we already had that. It's actually called a rattle. *facepalm*
No one shoot me, but I'm glad that the economy had some trouble. The poor folks (which included us at the time) were already poor and working crappy jobs, so we just kept dealing the way we had. But there were people in my city that had purchased like 3 houses to sell off a couple for profit, so many people had boats AND atv's AND 3 cars AND a huge entertainment system and so on and so on. People wanted what their parents worked all their lives for at 25. So, they went into massive debt to get it and tanked the economy. I like that hard work is starting to become honorable again. We must never lose that. If we lose the glory of working hard, we are lost.
Ok... I'll stop blathering on. One last thing: I was pretty sure I would have met Marvin the Martian by now. Bummer, y'all. Bummer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so loved this blog. Especially since my biggest weakness is technology. lol I agree with the concept of "why must there always be some kind of electronic thing on?" There is something soothing about watching trees and telephone poles on a car ride. I must say I agree with you that watching those with money now struggling, is karma at its best. Thank you. Your words couldnt have put it any better. love you.~sis