– A letter to someone who has hurt you recently.
This is a letter to myself.
"I have never been good enough for you. No matter what I try, it's not enough. There is always still something you can find to criticize, to push me down. You pick me apart every day. Why can't you just accept me this way? Admit that I could be a little bit beautiful? I just want you to say that I'm a good person. That maybe I could be good enough and that 'good enough' could finally be enough. I can't keep up with the high expectations you've always had. I'm not sure what you wanted me to become. Just let me be happy as I am. I have every reason to be happy and full of joy right now. The only thing holding me back is you. Please love me. Let everything else go and just love me."

This is a letter to myself.
"I have never been good enough for you. No matter what I try, it's not enough. There is always still something you can find to criticize, to push me down. You pick me apart every day. Why can't you just accept me this way? Admit that I could be a little bit beautiful? I just want you to say that I'm a good person. That maybe I could be good enough and that 'good enough' could finally be enough. I can't keep up with the high expectations you've always had. I'm not sure what you wanted me to become. Just let me be happy as I am. I have every reason to be happy and full of joy right now. The only thing holding me back is you. Please love me. Let everything else go and just love me."

1 comment:
I love your raw honesty...I think it's really brave to be able to write that, let alone post it. And for the record, I think you're beautiful and awesome. :-)
Post a Comment