Monday, November 29, 2010

If I Found $100 on the Ground...

This has actually happened to John before. Not long after he first came out to Fort Bragg, we were very low on money. I was still in Utah and we both were doing our best to make it. As with any job, it took a while before we got our first paycheck and waiting it out was getting a bit ... thin. xD And John was walking from his barracks to the PX or somewhere and he did find a one hundred dollar bill on the ground. He hadn't had any blankets to sleep with or a pillow and he needed some other things. So he made that money last and last. He was able to buy some ramen and soy sauce and a pillow. A friend let him borrow his spare comforter. And he was ok. That was kind of a miracle for us.
But, if I found $100 on the ground tonight when out shopping or such, after I started breathing again, I would buy a little Christmas tree and some presents for Johnny and the kitties. :) Even if it weren't Christmastime, I'd probably but presents for John. I love to surprise him and make his eyes sparkle and watch him obsess over the new whatever-it-is. Especially if it's electronic. I wish I could get him an ipad or a super luxurious fancy-pants laptop mouse. And, of course, a Wii. (M comes out soon, after all. -- That's the new Metroid game, since pretty much NONE of my gaming friends read my blog. Gr to them. Gr.)
The best thing about giving Johnny presents is how much he appreciates it. When someone's had literally nothing before in life, giving them something freaking rocks! I so understand why Oprah has her Favorite Things episodes. Giving someone something awesome when they do not expect it AT ALL is so fun. (Romance tip from Finding Forrester: "Unexpected gift, unexpected time." Especially if you're dating. You follow this tip and you're golden. ;) )
So, yup. If I found 100 bucks, I'd blow it on Johnny. Hahahaha! xD


No comments: