– Your favorite movie.
This is an easy one for me. My favorite movie is, of course, The Scarlet Pimpernel, starring Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour. It has EVERYTHING! It has adventure, a bit of violence in the form of sword fighting, romance, it has such good acting, good writing, tantalizing costumes, a beautiful musical score... It is THE movie. And the kiss at the tree (the very tree in the above picture) should teach any guy just how to melt a woman like fine chocolate for him to enjoy. ;) Plus, the villain is played by Ian McKellan, one of the masters of acting in our day. (I'm serious. If you asked Laurence Olivier who are the best actors of our day he would answer with Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, David Suchet, and Kenneth Branaugh - as far as men go. We'll cover actresses another time - and, yes, Emma Thompson IS one of them, don't be silly.) So, yeah. This is my favorite movie since childhood and it will never change.
"They seek him here, they seek him there..."
Now I have to watch it tonight. =)
This is an easy one for me. My favorite movie is, of course, The Scarlet Pimpernel, starring Anthony Andrews and Jane Seymour. It has EVERYTHING! It has adventure, a bit of violence in the form of sword fighting, romance, it has such good acting, good writing, tantalizing costumes, a beautiful musical score... It is THE movie. And the kiss at the tree (the very tree in the above picture) should teach any guy just how to melt a woman like fine chocolate for him to enjoy. ;) Plus, the villain is played by Ian McKellan, one of the masters of acting in our day. (I'm serious. If you asked Laurence Olivier who are the best actors of our day he would answer with Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, David Suchet, and Kenneth Branaugh - as far as men go. We'll cover actresses another time - and, yes, Emma Thompson IS one of them, don't be silly.) So, yeah. This is my favorite movie since childhood and it will never change."They seek him here, they seek him there..."
Now I have to watch it tonight. =)
5 comments:
I knew it!
That's one of our favorites too. You call that a cravat?
I just love even seeing those pics from it! Sigh...I must watch. Love it!
I just watched The Scarlet Pimpernel again two weeks ago after not having seen it for years. It is delightful!
(p.s. I've enjoyed reading these regular posts from you this whole month.)
Post a Comment