– A picture of you last year and now and how have you changed since then?

This was me a year ago (-ish). We were in an apartment in Utah with disgusting neighbors, I didn't have a job and had to quit school, John was working part-time at a school for troubled boys so far away we barely made any money after buying fuel... Things were getting scary for us. But, we made the most of it and still enjoyed each other and the Miley-kitty. Now we live in North Carolina in a nicer place and John is such a good soldier that some of his superiors are urging him to go for officer. And we'll have our second kitty home with us on Saturday. There's a lot that's different. But, the best things have stayed the same - we have each other and our cat (soon x2!) and still enjoy all the time we have together as much as we can. We still laugh about the same kinds of things and we still "disagree" about the same types of things. Different circumstances, same family. =)

As for just me (that's me today), I think I've gotten a lot stronger-souled. I can handle a lot more than I thought. I like living here, I see my therapist every week and talk and laugh with her, and soon I'll be able to stop taking the meds that make me so tired. And I'm so excited for Zoe to be here. (I really fell for her, if you can't tell.) I'm still me - heavier, tired, stronger, long-haired, and a better sense of humor. But, still the dork you already knew. ;)

This was me a year ago (-ish). We were in an apartment in Utah with disgusting neighbors, I didn't have a job and had to quit school, John was working part-time at a school for troubled boys so far away we barely made any money after buying fuel... Things were getting scary for us. But, we made the most of it and still enjoyed each other and the Miley-kitty. Now we live in North Carolina in a nicer place and John is such a good soldier that some of his superiors are urging him to go for officer. And we'll have our second kitty home with us on Saturday. There's a lot that's different. But, the best things have stayed the same - we have each other and our cat (soon x2!) and still enjoy all the time we have together as much as we can. We still laugh about the same kinds of things and we still "disagree" about the same types of things. Different circumstances, same family. =)

As for just me (that's me today), I think I've gotten a lot stronger-souled. I can handle a lot more than I thought. I like living here, I see my therapist every week and talk and laugh with her, and soon I'll be able to stop taking the meds that make me so tired. And I'm so excited for Zoe to be here. (I really fell for her, if you can't tell.) I'm still me - heavier, tired, stronger, long-haired, and a better sense of humor. But, still the dork you already knew. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment