In any case, I'm so sorry for missing so many days. I'm like 6 days behind! D= So, I will catch up. Cue the Elvis tunes whilst I write.
~Next year I am going to learn to...~
Lose 45 pounds healthily. I'm going to start now, but obviously I won't finish til the new year. I'm just going to try to cook more healthy food - I'm not going to live on steamed vegetables and water. I'd like to enjoy life now, too, not just live a crappy existence til I'm skinny. What the deuce is the point of that? I'm going to exercise daily or as close to that as I can get. Today... I slept most of the day - finding little bits of sleep between the horrific nightmares. (I've had nightmares that look like birthday parties compared to this.) But, tomorrow is a new day. I admit, I usually help myself lose weight by cutting out breakfast and lunch completely and telling myself I deserve to be hungry cause I let myself gain weight. I've dealt with little bouts of anorexia throughout my life. However, this time I am in control. Not this ghost of anorexia that whispers in my ear at every meal. (Don't worry, y'all. John already gave me Portia di Rossi's book "Unbearable Lightness" as an early Christmas gift.) I'm going to do what I can to boost my metabolism at least back to where is was before the medicine had its way with it and I am determined to be positive and happy during the process. *pounds fist on desk to show determination* Also, on a less frightening and embarrassing note, I would like to learn to be a better photographer next year. My sister, Maren, and her new husband-bear, Brett, are such good photographers that they have inspired me to learn. =D
~The importance of mints~
~The importance of mints~
Eeeheehee! Ah, mints. I love stories of actresses that would eat onions and garlic right before love scenes to make their costar really act his tux tails off. xD I try to have gum or mints in my purse or in the car so that John and I can both be fresh-breathed people for the majority of the time. The sad thing is when you're the cook and you chop the garlic, you're hands smell like garlic, anyway. xD Good for vampire-warding.
~Take a picture of your favorite color~
I'm like Maren in that I love all the colors. I'll think pink is my favey, but then I'll see something purple and melt a little bit out of pure need for the cuteness of purple. Mint, sea green, orange, red, turquoise, yellow, green.... I love them all! So much that my decorating goal in our new place (which goal is WAY behind, btw) to just make sure to use color. I used to use beige and very light colors all the time. No longer! My first decorating with color purchase was a green and white polka dot spoon rest. I'd take a picture, but it's in the wash (though opening the dishwasher and getting a cool drippy photo could be cool... I'll let you know if it works heehee) so for now I'll use the pic that made me need it. xD
It even came with a big white bow tied around the handle. =D Love it.
~My Favorite TV Dad~
Well, it's actually no contest on this one. I love Bill Cosby!

Of course, I don't believe any rumors about him. Believe what y'all want, but I believe in him. People even tried to make Fred Rogers look like some predator. You try to do good and some will always try to make it look like you got something horrible out of it cause you're actually a force of evil. Pff. And, in any case, what was that story I heard that time about a first stone? Anyway, I love Mr. Cosby. (Aka, Dr. Huxtable, yay!) He had awesome times of wisdom, but also times of idiocy as a father on The Cosby Show. It might not technically count, but I love his story from his stand-up about when his wife asks him to make the kids breakfast so he lets them have chocolate cake. xD "Dad is great! Gives us the chocolate cake!" Hahaha. Awesome-ocity. Whether he was an owl or a dope, though, the main thing that was always clear was how much he cares about family. How much he cares about people. He's a good man.
~A Woman That Makes Me Proud~
Well, I obviously need to tip my hat to Oprah first. (Yeah, the brown newsboy hat from the earlier post is the one doing the tipping. xD Gasp! o.o Maybe Mr. Cosby is why I like those! :O ) Oprah does so much for people. And Ellen Degeneres. Both of those women have overcome a lot of intolerance and injustice in their worlds to become amazing, powerful women. But, those are such easy answers. Hm... Oh, silly me. Of course. Rachael Ray. A complaint I've heard frequently about Rachael is that she is "too happy." I always want to turn to the source and ask if that could possibly bother them because they are not happy. I love that about her! I admire her joy and energy and want to become that way. She is the one that got me cooking. (Sorry, Mom, I know you tried.) I saw her chopping garlic and thought, "You know what? I could do that." And I did. And I got fresh herbs. And gour
met ingredients. I branched out into spices and breads and cheeses. And I realized I love cooking. And you know why? Because when I'm cooking I become very focused. Like piano does for me. I focus on the different ingredients and techniques and different dishes I'm cooking at once and making sure the cooking times line up... and all that anxiety and worry in my head just SHUTS UP. I get into this hyperfocus that blocks out all the things pecking at me all the time and I create something that smells and tastes beautiful. And Rachael brought me that and she's bringing that to many people and children around the world. In her early twenties she was living in Manhattan and was mugged twice. The first time, she sprayed him with mace and he took off. But, he came back - as he had been casing outside her apartment building - and later dragged her down an alley and beat her up quite badly. She moved back upstate to her home and family. But, when her career started budding and she needed to go back to Manhattan, she did it. How much strength is that? It reminds me of John and the turning point of his life - he said he looked fear in the face and told it to f@#$ off. Sorry, but the french is all that packs the right punch. He related that motto to a fellow soldier who had suffered severe leg injuries and was trying to make it through basic training and it changed the guy's life. And when we got to Fort Bragg, he was stationed here and very respected. :) That's the kind of inspiration I get from Rachael Ray.
~Something I Could Be Famous For~
Well, lotsa stuff. Falling down... saying weird things when I'm sleepy... I think the main thing that I could be famous for, though, is my pausing ability. For some reason every time I pause a show, movie, what have you, I capture a hilarious moment on screen. I admit it is a gift. There have been some so hilarious that we took pics with our phones. Sadly, they were all with our old phones! Gah! The best one was of Scrooge McDuck during Mickey's Christmas Carol. It was epic. Googly cross-eyed Scrooge poking his head out of his bed curtains. I accept calls in the evenings. If you'd like an autographed funny pause pic, send a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will take care of the rest.
There we go. Officially caught up! =D Phew!
~Take a picture of your favorite color~
I'm like Maren in that I love all the colors. I'll think pink is my favey, but then I'll see something purple and melt a little bit out of pure need for the cuteness of purple. Mint, sea green, orange, red, turquoise, yellow, green.... I love them all! So much that my decorating goal in our new place (which goal is WAY behind, btw) to just make sure to use color. I used to use beige and very light colors all the time. No longer! My first decorating with color purchase was a green and white polka dot spoon rest. I'd take a picture, but it's in the wash (though opening the dishwasher and getting a cool drippy photo could be cool... I'll let you know if it works heehee) so for now I'll use the pic that made me need it. xD
It even came with a big white bow tied around the handle. =D Love it.~My Favorite TV Dad~
Well, it's actually no contest on this one. I love Bill Cosby!

Of course, I don't believe any rumors about him. Believe what y'all want, but I believe in him. People even tried to make Fred Rogers look like some predator. You try to do good and some will always try to make it look like you got something horrible out of it cause you're actually a force of evil. Pff. And, in any case, what was that story I heard that time about a first stone? Anyway, I love Mr. Cosby. (Aka, Dr. Huxtable, yay!) He had awesome times of wisdom, but also times of idiocy as a father on The Cosby Show. It might not technically count, but I love his story from his stand-up about when his wife asks him to make the kids breakfast so he lets them have chocolate cake. xD "Dad is great! Gives us the chocolate cake!" Hahaha. Awesome-ocity. Whether he was an owl or a dope, though, the main thing that was always clear was how much he cares about family. How much he cares about people. He's a good man.
~A Woman That Makes Me Proud~
Well, I obviously need to tip my hat to Oprah first. (Yeah, the brown newsboy hat from the earlier post is the one doing the tipping. xD Gasp! o.o Maybe Mr. Cosby is why I like those! :O ) Oprah does so much for people. And Ellen Degeneres. Both of those women have overcome a lot of intolerance and injustice in their worlds to become amazing, powerful women. But, those are such easy answers. Hm... Oh, silly me. Of course. Rachael Ray. A complaint I've heard frequently about Rachael is that she is "too happy." I always want to turn to the source and ask if that could possibly bother them because they are not happy. I love that about her! I admire her joy and energy and want to become that way. She is the one that got me cooking. (Sorry, Mom, I know you tried.) I saw her chopping garlic and thought, "You know what? I could do that." And I did. And I got fresh herbs. And gour
met ingredients. I branched out into spices and breads and cheeses. And I realized I love cooking. And you know why? Because when I'm cooking I become very focused. Like piano does for me. I focus on the different ingredients and techniques and different dishes I'm cooking at once and making sure the cooking times line up... and all that anxiety and worry in my head just SHUTS UP. I get into this hyperfocus that blocks out all the things pecking at me all the time and I create something that smells and tastes beautiful. And Rachael brought me that and she's bringing that to many people and children around the world. In her early twenties she was living in Manhattan and was mugged twice. The first time, she sprayed him with mace and he took off. But, he came back - as he had been casing outside her apartment building - and later dragged her down an alley and beat her up quite badly. She moved back upstate to her home and family. But, when her career started budding and she needed to go back to Manhattan, she did it. How much strength is that? It reminds me of John and the turning point of his life - he said he looked fear in the face and told it to f@#$ off. Sorry, but the french is all that packs the right punch. He related that motto to a fellow soldier who had suffered severe leg injuries and was trying to make it through basic training and it changed the guy's life. And when we got to Fort Bragg, he was stationed here and very respected. :) That's the kind of inspiration I get from Rachael Ray.~Something I Could Be Famous For~
Well, lotsa stuff. Falling down... saying weird things when I'm sleepy... I think the main thing that I could be famous for, though, is my pausing ability. For some reason every time I pause a show, movie, what have you, I capture a hilarious moment on screen. I admit it is a gift. There have been some so hilarious that we took pics with our phones. Sadly, they were all with our old phones! Gah! The best one was of Scrooge McDuck during Mickey's Christmas Carol. It was epic. Googly cross-eyed Scrooge poking his head out of his bed curtains. I accept calls in the evenings. If you'd like an autographed funny pause pic, send a self-addressed stamped envelope and I will take care of the rest.
There we go. Officially caught up! =D Phew!

1 comment:
Well damn, I didn't know that about Rachael Ray (the mugging). That's a pretty horrible thing, good for her for overcoming it. And as for you missy, I think you're beautiful, extra pounds or not, but I'm excited for you to finish getting off the meds and work on getting yourself where you want to be. :-)
Post a Comment