A moment that really felt magical to me happened about six years ago. We had rescued this feral little gray kitten with tons of energy. We had taught him to drink and we watched him walk like Stitch - as low to the ground as he could get - when he was scared of new things and new places. He was sooo soft when he'd let you touch him. xD He was wild as could be. But, after we'd had him a couple of days I saw the tiny puff use his little claws to hike up the front of the couch and - I had a blanket over my lap cause the house we were renting got quite cold - he climbed up onto my lap, curled into a tiny ball, and laid down to go to sleep. And he let me pet his tiny head for the first time, beginning to purr. I felt so excited. John and I exchanged a really happy, wide-eyed look conveying, "Look what he's doing!!! I know! Omg!" xD I actually hadn't thought he'd ever become a cuddly kitty. I thought I had committed to take care of this wild crazy little ricochet of a kitten that would stay that way. So, it truly felt like magic to me.

This is baby Miles going to sleep cuddled against my face. If he did that now... well, it would be uncomfortable. xD What a sweetie-boy.

This is baby Miles going to sleep cuddled against my face. If he did that now... well, it would be uncomfortable. xD What a sweetie-boy.

1 comment:
Awwwwww he's so CUTE!! He's cute now too, but there's something about kittens that just makes my heart melt...
Post a Comment