When I was in 2nd grade, we were assigned box numbers that we slid out of cubbies and into our desks every day. I got number 4. Same with 3rd grade. Now, since my last name began with a B, I was probably just still the 4th student on the list or something, but since then 4 has been my favorite/lucky number. It's funny to me, because I know it's not different than the other numbers. It just sticks with me. Also, 4 is a really fun number to write and there are 2 cool ways to write it. xD
I've been listening to Gene Autry a lot lately. (It has something to do with my dad. Sh!) There's just something about his happy little way of s
inging songs. My favorite is Buttons & Bows. It's from Son of Paleface. Such a funny movie. Jane Russel, Bob Hope, and Roy Rogers. Brandon and I used to watch it and laugh and laugh when we were little. (Yes, we did, Bun! We did we did! -- He never remembers the same things as me and claims they never happened. -.- ) Another singer my dad got me hooked on is Roy Orbison. =D I still need Blue Bayou. I don't know how I couldn't have that one - it's like the BEST one! But, I do, of course, have Oh, Pretty Woman. Dad, Brandon, and I used to sing along with that song back in the day. Especially the growly part. (If you don't know the part, you need to listen to the song. And also: for shame!) Man... when we were kids (and even in the very recent past) my
dad would sing funny songs to us. Like, "I like bread and butter. I like toast and jam." Or "Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at suppertime! Be my little sugar and love me all the time!" Hahaha! When I found out those were real songs I was astounded. I thought my dad was just weird. xD And he'd smack his knees against my mattress when I wouldn't wake up and sing, "Oh, what a beautiful mooooorning! Oh, what a beautiful day!" But, he'd sing as annoying as he could so I would get up. (Not quite Gordon Macrae, here, buddies. Hahaha!) So, lately, since I actually miss my dad singing and dancing around quite a lot, I've been getting those songs so I can bug my cats. xD Miss you, Pops!
inging songs. My favorite is Buttons & Bows. It's from Son of Paleface. Such a funny movie. Jane Russel, Bob Hope, and Roy Rogers. Brandon and I used to watch it and laugh and laugh when we were little. (Yes, we did, Bun! We did we did! -- He never remembers the same things as me and claims they never happened. -.- ) Another singer my dad got me hooked on is Roy Orbison. =D I still need Blue Bayou. I don't know how I couldn't have that one - it's like the BEST one! But, I do, of course, have Oh, Pretty Woman. Dad, Brandon, and I used to sing along with that song back in the day. Especially the growly part. (If you don't know the part, you need to listen to the song. And also: for shame!) Man... when we were kids (and even in the very recent past) my
dad would sing funny songs to us. Like, "I like bread and butter. I like toast and jam." Or "Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at suppertime! Be my little sugar and love me all the time!" Hahaha! When I found out those were real songs I was astounded. I thought my dad was just weird. xD And he'd smack his knees against my mattress when I wouldn't wake up and sing, "Oh, what a beautiful mooooorning! Oh, what a beautiful day!" But, he'd sing as annoying as he could so I would get up. (Not quite Gordon Macrae, here, buddies. Hahaha!) So, lately, since I actually miss my dad singing and dancing around quite a lot, I've been getting those songs so I can bug my cats. xD Miss you, Pops!

2 comments:
Your brother continues that tradition with his kids...someday you will continue it with yours!
My lucky number is 2. Well, I'm not so sure it's lucky as it was just my favorite to write in school when we were learning how to write numbers.
And my dad totally introduced me to Roy Orbison too. What a voice...
Post a Comment