Sunday, December 12, 2010

Something I Can't Throw Away

This is George, my glow-in-the-dark rubber snake. I got it in 5th or 6th grade. My class went to the Hanson Planetarium in Salt Lake City and watched the cool laser show they had and looked at the exhibits. And I got this snake and a big glow-in-the-dark bouncy ball in the gift shop. I named the snake George after Nancy Drew's friend. Haha. The snake is a boy, though, to clarify. He's been in my possession ever since. I lost it from my pocket one year when Brandon and I were playing in the snow and I was so sad. But, when the snow melted away, Brandon found George in the grass. =) (That's just the kind of brother he is.) When we've moved both times recently I was overjoyed each time I unpacked my dumb little rubber snake. I don't know why, exactly. Just this little toy that reminds me of those times as a kid when you're full of dreams and wonder and don't yet think there's anything out there that will hinder you from becoming everything you imagine. It takes me back there when I see George, so I keep him on my nightstand. Funny. I just can't throw him away.

No comments: