– Something you don’t leave the house without.
I never leave the house without my wallet. Because inside my wallet is my Military ID card. And if you forget that and leave base, they don't let you back on. (Especially since all other forms of ID I have are also in my wallet.) I forgot it ONCE. The gate guards said that's usually all it takes. We had two options: wait for the Military Police to come escort us home and wait while I find my wallet and prove my identity to them, or John could drop me off somewhere and go get my ID and then pick me up again. We opted for the latter. So, I wandered around WalMart while he went and got it. Then we were fine. And every time we leave home we both check for our IDs, just to make sure.
I never leave the house without my wallet. Because inside my wallet is my Military ID card. And if you forget that and leave base, they don't let you back on. (Especially since all other forms of ID I have are also in my wallet.) I forgot it ONCE. The gate guards said that's usually all it takes. We had two options: wait for the Military Police to come escort us home and wait while I find my wallet and prove my identity to them, or John could drop me off somewhere and go get my ID and then pick me up again. We opted for the latter. So, I wandered around WalMart while he went and got it. Then we were fine. And every time we leave home we both check for our IDs, just to make sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment