– Your favorite musician and why?
There's no way I could narrow this down to 1. There are so many kinds of musicians! I'll try to keep to a few. But, it will be tricky.
Alexi Murdoch. My favorite song of his is called Song For You. Johnny gave it to me and it meant so much to me because it was completely true about me. Alexi has such a soothing voice. It's soft but penetrating.
Bic Runga. My favorite of hers is When I See You Smile. Sometimes I will just be in a Bic mood and nothing else can satisfy. She has this urban mellowness to her music that just gels with me completely.
George Winston. Favorite of his is Night Sky. George is an amazing pianist. He is known to reach into the instrument and pluck the strings with his fingers for part of his piece. He amazes me. He has written so much music that can make me cry instantly. No words, just keys.
Lovedrug. Favorite song is Thieving. I prefer their slower stuff, but they have awesomeness in all aspects. It's something about the singer's voice... He has this vibrato that is bewitching that shows up every now and then for just a moment and it creates magic.

Utada Hikaru. The song is The Flavor of Life (Ballad Version). (I have to have one my J-Pop loves on here. Bic has Malaysian-Vietnamese bloodlines and is from New Zealand, in case you wondered.) This song conjures such emotion in me. When I feel a lot of emotional pain, I listen to this song and it releases it, helps it heal. That's a rare thing to find.
Well, that's all I'll put on here. It takes a lot of restraint, though. ;) Other greats I didn't get to go on about are Ludovico Einaudi, Dishwalla, David Lanz, Pete Fountain, and Sufjan Stevens. Don't worry. If John does this challenge, Sufjan will definitely be on his. =) I'm sure I've left out many that I love, though. Hahaha. Sometimes I'm sure I'm physically made of music. (That makes those extra pounds much more attractive!)
There's no way I could narrow this down to 1. There are so many kinds of musicians! I'll try to keep to a few. But, it will be tricky.
Alexi Murdoch. My favorite song of his is called Song For You. Johnny gave it to me and it meant so much to me because it was completely true about me. Alexi has such a soothing voice. It's soft but penetrating.
Bic Runga. My favorite of hers is When I See You Smile. Sometimes I will just be in a Bic mood and nothing else can satisfy. She has this urban mellowness to her music that just gels with me completely.
George Winston. Favorite of his is Night Sky. George is an amazing pianist. He is known to reach into the instrument and pluck the strings with his fingers for part of his piece. He amazes me. He has written so much music that can make me cry instantly. No words, just keys.
Lovedrug. Favorite song is Thieving. I prefer their slower stuff, but they have awesomeness in all aspects. It's something about the singer's voice... He has this vibrato that is bewitching that shows up every now and then for just a moment and it creates magic.
Utada Hikaru. The song is The Flavor of Life (Ballad Version). (I have to have one my J-Pop loves on here. Bic has Malaysian-Vietnamese bloodlines and is from New Zealand, in case you wondered.) This song conjures such emotion in me. When I feel a lot of emotional pain, I listen to this song and it releases it, helps it heal. That's a rare thing to find.
Well, that's all I'll put on here. It takes a lot of restraint, though. ;) Other greats I didn't get to go on about are Ludovico Einaudi, Dishwalla, David Lanz, Pete Fountain, and Sufjan Stevens. Don't worry. If John does this challenge, Sufjan will definitely be on his. =) I'm sure I've left out many that I love, though. Hahaha. Sometimes I'm sure I'm physically made of music. (That makes those extra pounds much more attractive!)

No comments:
Post a Comment