Well, life is back to what became normal. Johnny's plane left at 9:55 this morning. He'll be in airports all day. Hopefully his flights line up alright so he isn't stuck waiting for stand-by again. I was so lucky to get to spend time with him. In some ways it was easier to say goodbye and in some ways it was harder. I'd been so exhausted from life and our time together ending seemed to put me back in that exhausted state. We did some fun things together while he was here. We got liquid nitrogen ice cream, we got take-out, we ate at Carrabba's, we watched many movies (whilst snuggling), we sang in the car together... I loved it. Yesterday we tried to be happy and pretend it wasn't our last day, but we still ended up crying and holding each other tight. It should only be about a month, but I get so addicted to talking to him. I miss his warmth. I miss having someone else living here. I miss having someone to eat with. But, hey, for the next month I'll have a last call of the day. I'm sorry that he didn't get to see everyone. The days went faster than I'd even expected. It was just suddenly over. It feels more like he's a dream now than ever before. But, I've gotten stronger and I'm going to be alright. Miles and I will go back to our routine until our sweetie comes home. I love him more than anything. And letting him go was harder than everything.
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment