Well, it's been a long weekend. And hard. Putting away Johnny's pajamas, after smelling them and crying. Already started a long letter to him. It's been draining. But, school starts tomorrow and my distraction will return. I'll have more hard classes, but fewer credits, so it should be a little more manageable this semester. I'm thinking of specializing in environmental geology. I should only need a Bachelor's degree. It would be less money per year, but it would be enough to take care of my family, and that's all I care about. Besides, money just seems to cause problems. It changes people. But, ya gotta have some of it.John's been working hard this weekend. They've been processing and doing a lot of physical training. I think it's partly to form a barrier against homesickness for the soldiers. That way they don't have to sit in their bunks missing people (like pathetic Tiney). (My brother always called me Tiney - pronounced teenee - because he couldn't say my name. It stuck.)
I can take part of the semester alone. This time when finals hit there will be a Johnny there. (Telling me tootsie rolls is an irresponsible breakfast and such. It's nice to have someone care about what you do. Even if it does spoil my irresponsible tendencies.) Besides, now we can plan more to do together when he gets back. Like watching Friends while we eat homemade soup. And Saturday morning laziness. And watching Psyche with my little brother (very funny show). Saving our spare change and getting ice cream or a cheeseburger to share with it. It will be awesome. So, I'll be alone for a little while (with the tootsie roll
breakfasts and SO MANY BLASTED HOT POCKETS) but I'm going to be strong. And I'm going to work out so I ripple somewhere (I feel puny next to him now -- how will I win tickle fights now? I must not lose my edge!) and I'm going to learn some new recipes that he'll love. So, actually it's going to be fun. And he'll (hopefully) get home right before Valentine's Day (and my brother's birthday as he "casually" reminded us) so sneaky surprises can be planned. Yay! Don't worry about me. I'll be just fine. ("I have magic beans.") I'm keeping my chin up. When you're doing pushups, if you keep your chin up, you can breathe better. Besides, if you remember Robin Hood (from the Disney cartoon) saying, "Keep your chin up," it makes you feel all happy. I love you guys. Thanks for being there for me again. :)
1 comment:
Sounds like you've got a great plan for speeding the time away- planning the togetherness at the end-hurrah! And really, a month will go by so fast (especially compared to the last 4), maybe not on a day to day basis, but as a whole it will fly! good luck with everything!
ps- I LOVE Robin Hood!
Post a Comment