Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Pictures

I thought you all would want to see these pictures some good friends took for us at the airport coming and going this Christmas. I've never put actual photos on my blog before, so this is quite an occasion. Johnny's doing well, by the way. He's the top of his classes, he has the 6th fastest run time for the 2-mile, he has a high Physical Training score, and he's making a lot of friends. He exceeds all expectations in everything he does.
This is Johnny and I hugging at the bottom of the escalator at the airport when he first came home for his Christmas Exodus. Probably the tightest hug ever. We both cried a little and I'm pretty sure I didn't breathe for a minute or so (partly from the happy, partly from the squeezing). This is one of the highest points of my life. Thanks for the pictures, deaderpoet.







Our friends sneakily took this picture of us in the car. It's my favorite. That's where I want to be. That's where I belong.







Johnny suddenly decided to carry me to the car in the airport parking lot. He's always loved doing such things. He started it back when we were teenagers. I'm glad he didn't stop after we'd been together a while. It still makes me all fluttery inside (and I always blush, too). It was one of those wonderful times where you just know that everything's going to be okay no matter what.

Holding hands at dinner. John hadn't eaten since like 1 AM the night before, so he was starving. It almost felt like I was with some guy that looked like John. But, after a while we started feeling like us again.








Saying goodbye was really hard. This time it was in a crowded airport, though, with masses of people around staring. But, when we hugged we were the only people in the world. Since I met him, we've had to say goodbye so many times. And we've gotten stronger every time. When I met him he was this angry teenager with all this curly hair, a trench coat, and quite an interesting past... But, his eyes betrayed him. His eyes showed me everything he was going to become. My world opened with one look in his eyes. I knew I would never be the same. Come back soon, baby. I'll always be here.

5 comments:

wisp said...

I can't make it stop having a big gap in the middle. Sorry. This is why I don't do real pictures much! ;)

Dead Poet said...

I'm glad that you like them.

Emily said...

OH! I love these pictures. These reeally capture a special time, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing.
I'm so sad we didn't get to see eachother again last week. We ended up having a real whirlwind at the end of our trip. Let's catch up on the phone asap.

Di said...

I love the holding hands picture! Hm, when I have weird things with my pics I try erasing them, then putting them back in- don't know why that would happen...

Anonymous said...

What do you mean... "interesting past?" It's just a little checkered, that's all. And yes, in spite of it all, he turned out quite decent (as did the majority of the others).... dad