Music sees us through every emotion. The music, oftentimes, makes the movie. One song can transport me somewhere else. I have certain songs reserved for when I need certain things. And I find that when I just can't do it, turning on a happy song -- just the right kind -- will give just that little push (I'm thinking of activation energies and catalysts because of Chemistry) that helps me to... well to react, since I'm thinking in Chemistry terms. (I have a really good teacher this semester, by the way!) Johnny and I seriously have a soundtrack for our lives. If I've ever given you a CD, it means a lot. I love to give people songs that mean a lot to me because I'm hoping they will feel what I have felt. One thing Johnny and I always do when things get tough, is we turn on our music that forces the worrying to stop and we hold hands as tight as we can and we work through it.John graduates from AIT in 18ish days (Feb. 12). Yay! We're almost done working through it. A few days after that he should be coming home. I might, however, have a field trip that leaves on the 15th for a couple of days for Death Valley. I mean, Death Valley would be beyond awesome, but I want to be here when Johnny gets home. I'm working on getting out of it. He'll be home. The hard stuff won't be entirely over, since he'll need to find a job, but he's such an awesome worker I know he'll find something. I applied to get a mentor at the geology department -- working in geology is better than any other work for me, so I thought I'd try. And the pay is good.

The coolest thing is it feels like our lives are on the brink of something. Like something good will happen for us really soon. And God's gotten us this far. He won't leave us now.
Just so you know, my posting might be sparse for the next week or so. My shoulders are acting up again, so I might need minimal typing until they calm back down. I'm really glad I have this blog, though. It's like some kind of release for me. It's this pretty pink place I can go and listen to my songs and have my anime pictures and just write it out and feel better. It's a little online haven for me. So, thanks for visiting. You all make it feel like my home -- a little place out in the nothing where my heart can sit.
Just so you know, my posting might be sparse for the next week or so. My shoulders are acting up again, so I might need minimal typing until they calm back down. I'm really glad I have this blog, though. It's like some kind of release for me. It's this pretty pink place I can go and listen to my songs and have my anime pictures and just write it out and feel better. It's a little online haven for me. So, thanks for visiting. You all make it feel like my home -- a little place out in the nothing where my heart can sit.

2 comments:
Do you know the primary one? I think it's 264... ducks in the pond... okay, the kids like it- a lot. esp when we just quack it! I know what you mean though, music is AWESOME!!!
I knew a different duck song about how many little ducks came waddling home. It even had finger puppets!
Also ducky related, I loved the book Splish, Splash, Splush when I was little and still have a copy waiting for my kids to read, too. (I am less surprised now at my urgent need for a pet duckling that was never fulfilled in my childhood.)
Post a Comment