It was a good birthday, indeed. :) I had planned to go out to dinner and go do all this fun stuff. And I got all cute and in my new pink shirt (somehow we took NO birthday pics which plagues me constantly) and we headed out to paint the town red. But after driving around, I realized I just wanted to go to waffle house and eat toast and grits. (The south has got me: I love grits. They are such a comfort food for me now.) So, that's what we did. And we stopped by a cute place we found recently and got some homemade tiramisu for my birthday cake. :) And we came home and I got on my new pink jammie-pants Johnny got me from Victoria's Secret and we watched movies and were cozy. It ended up being a very simple birthday with no yelling of surprise or singing or candles. And, I must say, I think I liked that best of all.Also this week I went a step up in my new medicine, so I've been enjoying side effects much of the week. :P I always do with every medicine I ever take. I realize I've actually spent a good fraction of my life side effecting. You'd think I'd handle it better. So, I've been gaming more and having John read to me more while I felt blcky. That part has been great. But, I'm starting to feel much better and will have to start being responsible again. Blast.
I also met my therapist. Her name is Regina and she's a happy black lady who you can tell knows who she is and doesn't let stuff bother her. I love that. I want to be that. We're just trying to work out a good schedule because she's got a lot of patients. I think she's going to help me a lot. And she's an active therapist. I had one a long time ago when I was 19 and he'd just sit there. So, I'd think up something sad or "traumatizing" from my past and tell him. And he'd ask how that made me feel now and it was basically pointless and not helpful at all. But Regina actually discusses things with me and is herself rather than some psychiatric persona tha
t "listens." She's more human with me and has reactions to the things I say and doesn't talk in that annoying "soothing" tone or anything like that. The therapist that helped John a lot was similar. He wore a faded Nirvana t-shirt and had his diplomas in a drawer. :)
All in all, things are going rather well. The medication isn't numbing me about life thus far. When I get stressed it doesn't have to go to anger or depression, it just stays where it is and I have more control of it. This kind shouldn't cause a lot of weight gain, but if it does: *shrug*. I've spent a lot of my life worrying constantly about that number. Everything is temporary - the meds, weight, etc. It's not permanent and I can change it and handle it. I'm in control of this life. :)
t "listens." She's more human with me and has reactions to the things I say and doesn't talk in that annoying "soothing" tone or anything like that. The therapist that helped John a lot was similar. He wore a faded Nirvana t-shirt and had his diplomas in a drawer. :)All in all, things are going rather well. The medication isn't numbing me about life thus far. When I get stressed it doesn't have to go to anger or depression, it just stays where it is and I have more control of it. This kind shouldn't cause a lot of weight gain, but if it does: *shrug*. I've spent a lot of my life worrying constantly about that number. Everything is temporary - the meds, weight, etc. It's not permanent and I can change it and handle it. I'm in control of this life. :)

4 comments:
I totally love the idea of your relaxed birthday...sounds like the perfect evening to me!
I'm excited about your therapist...that's how mine was, he didn't constantly ask me how I felt about shit. And when I'd bitch about something, he'd genuinely react...which was a big deal for me. I think this will be awesome for you!
Oh and I hope the side effects from your meds go away soon...but more importantly, I hope the meds work the way you need them to!
You can't imagine how much I needed to hear that. I never knew you liked those things about me.
Okay 10 things I like about Christine: 1. You are such a good writer, you phrase things so well. 2. I love that you still watch Disney movies, and when you were little knew all of the words to Robin Hood. 3. You love people unconditionally. 4. You are a sensitive, caring person, 5. You are working on yourself. 6. You are a supportive wife. 7. The simple things in life make you happy, you will never be high maintenance, thank goodness. 8. You are a great blogger, I hope to get as good as you. 9. You are pure at heart, no b.s. in there, 10. You, Christine are a great sister! I love you
I love you, too, Maren. So so so so much. Besides John, you are the person that is closest to me.
Post a Comment