Thursday, April 8, 2010

Johnny Day

Johnny's birthday is April 6th. :) We spent much of the day gaming (this make-a boy very happy) and had big melty nummy subs for lunch. Then I got all cute - which takes only a little time ;) - and we headed to my therapy session before dinner. (I'll have a paragraph for that further down. lol) I wasn't surprised when John wanted Carrabbas for his birthday dinner. We love their food. They had some specials that night that we tried - I had the lamb and John got himself a 7 oz. sirloin. We both tasted our food and about melted from the tenderness of the meat and the immaculate sauces they came with. Then we stopped at the cute coffee house next door and got some gelato for dessert. My boy that doesn't like ice cream has fallen in love with the smooth texture of gelato. >:D Ha ha! I got him to like ice cream! *maniacal laugh* We topped off the night with even more gaming. His big birthday present was a new laptop. His ridiculously old one finally kicked it a week before his big day, so I told him to go pick something. He went to several stores in search of it and has at last found his soul mate. XD He had a very happy birthday. (I had a pretty wonderful his birthday, too. =D )
Therapy is going very well. My therapist is awesome. She's helping me find coping strategies for my anxiety and learn how to reframe difficult things from the past so they don't affect me anymore. :) I also got to see my doctor yesterday. I love my doctor! You don't expect to laugh and have fun conversation about your medical life, but we do with this doctor. She usually only sees active duty, but she forces them to let me be her patient. :) And I'm doing better physically. It seemed like my body had been shutting down. It just wasn't doing any of its jobs well. But now things are starting to function better and I have much less pain. *happy sigh*
As far as de kitty-boy goes, he is very good. He is the only one loving our all hard floors situation. He can chase a ball around the whole place with ease, he can run as fast as he can and drift around the corners (I'm dead serious), he can get a running start and slide on his tummy across a room (my personal favorite to watch lolz!!!), and there are more cool places for him to lay around now that the weather is heating up. We got him this awesome cat blanket. It has a pocket with a mousey in it, feathers on the corner that are detachable, a crinkly portion, and a pouch of catnip hidden inside. Needless to say, we have a high, happy kitty. =D
I'll keep y'all updated as the heat climbs higher and the humidity closes in. ;)

3 comments:

Maren said...

That is such a cute picture of Miles.

megkuhle said...

I love this picture of you two! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys! :)

Emily said...

Miles looks so cute and BIG! Glad he has settled in and enjoys the hard floors. Happy Birthday to John! Sounds like he had a good day.