Monday, March 1, 2010

I can even hear the Spring coming...

Spring is coming! I am very excited about this. I always felt like Spring in Utah was always a bit... snowy! Usually by my birthday at the end of March there was still snow on the ground. I always would wear bright pink anyway because my birthday is in SPRING. :D I'm excited to see what the season will be like in North Carolina. It's been a pretty green winter, so I'm excited. (However, it makes me so nervous for summer... but one extreme isn't too bad. It was the really cold then really hot I didn't enjoy.) I'm looking forward to going to the beach when it starts to warm up a little. I have never seen the Atlantic Ocean. So I am giddy about it. I also want to find a place near the coast and get some chowda! (I am aware that we aren't in the New England area... but I want the chowda anyway. :D ) We'll have an "adventure." When it was just John and his mom, cause he's the youngest in his family (I almost wrote littlest, but realized he would not be a fan of that), every now and then they'd just drive in a direction and go find somewhere new. They called those outings their "adventures." It was a special thing for him cause he had a rough youth. (Though he's the most mentally and emotionally healthy person I know! And it makes a person feel invalidated when they [not necessarily me... ;) ] freak out about a bug and he looks at them with a thoroughly amused look at their overreaction! :D )
We're taking Miles to the vet tomorrow. I'm sure it will be just a picnic and a half. *note the phrase is dripping with sarcasm* Miley tends to be a bit spastic at the vet. He yowrs VERY loudly in protest, has such sweaty little paws, sheds like mad, and gets thoroughly offended when they take his temperature THAT way. And whenever the vet lets go (or loses grip, rather) Miles scrambles over to John or me and cuddles up against our tummies. And tomorrow he's in for it: shots, registration, and microchipping. I'll have a guilt trip for at least a week. I'd be annoyed but right now he's asleep on my lap with his face on his tail and his two back legs sticking up on either side of his face. :D Ah, well. Maybe we'll try a good cop, bad cop routine so he still likes one of us at the end of the day...
Things are going pretty smoothly so far. I have been getting a little stir-crazy. I ran out of room, but not boxes to unpack. So, we'll see if we can invest in some plastic shelves or something. I'm getting eager to find out when the culinary intitute's semester dates are (and prices) so we can get that ball rolling. I also watched Julie and Julia recently which made me start twitching. I have the book, but I might save it til things are closer to motion for that reason.
We miss you all! :-*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christine *shaking my head with a great big grin* I love how you get so excited over things. I tend to forget how wonderful the little things are and you, you have such a fantastic way of reminding me how awesome it is to be alive. Thank you. I loved being able to chat with you last night. Lets do it again soon. I miss you. Hugs and kisses from the girls.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you two are getting along well in your new home. You'll like the Atlantic - it's a bit chillier than the Pacific but at times, every bit as spectacular. I think you'll find a whole different world outside the Ute state. I'm a little concerned about John's "rough" upbringing. I didn't think it was that bad, wouldn't want to put words in his mouth. Love you both, have a great time. Dad

wisp said...

Sis - Missed you. :) Thanks for the chat and for commenting. :D I love that you read me blog. (That's not a typo - John's weird Scottish phrasing has rubbed off...)
Dad - I meant while he was in Junior High and got in with kind of a rough crowd of friends and ended up experiencing some pretty difficult things due to that. His childhood was good, though. :) Don't worry - the roughness all came from the different paths he chose along the way. ;) He has a good Papa. He tried to call you like once, but has been wanting to talk to you. So, be on the lookout, I guess. :D