What a week we've had!
We took Miles to the vet. That morning, John came home early and laid down by me to sleep a little longer. I woke up to John frantically telling me we had half an hour to get there. Christine, who has usually crashed (hypoglycemic-speaking) when she oversleeps became highly irritated and threatened John's life. But, we got Miles sample of #2 into a bag for the vet, got out his paperwork with his history and shots and registration, got him in his harness, and g
ot ourselves dressed. It was pouring with rain and we'd forgotten his blanket, but hurried on anyway. During the drive, John realizes that I got the cat and he got the sample but neither of us grabbed the papers. So, we arrive at the vet, the receptionist postpones our appointment by half an hour and John leaves again to get the papers. I turn around with Miles on his harness and leash in my arms to see a waiting room with about a dozen dogs in it. So I go to a chair in the corner by the only other people with a cat. The 4 children that own the cat come over and talk to me very cute and friendly and start petting Miles. Though Miles despises being touched, he was too traumatized to get mad and just buried his little face in the crook of my elbow. The reception called me to fill out the papers, so I set Miles on the counter with my arm around him to sign and she sternly tells me to hold him. So I go sit down to fill out the papers and 4 more dogs come in and stand by the counter - like enormous to my hip dogs. Then the receptionist calls me over and says I took too long with the papers and lost the slot - though it was 15 minutes before our new appointment time. She demands if my husband is "coming back anytime soon" and orders me to call him. Of course I didn't have my cell, which irritated her. Miles and I turn to go back to our chair and two dogs are sitting there with their owners. So we found a new spot to sit and after a few minutes Daddy came back with the papers and Mile
y's blankey. The vet called us back and we set him on the table. She gave him 2 shots - one per hip - and then pulled out a needle over 3 times the size of my cortizone shot for his microchip. She lets us know he might cry and pull away and that we'll need to hold him. She stuck him with it and he didn't flinch or cry at all. I am in utter awe of him. It was right between the shoulder blades, too, so not the fattiest spot on a cat. Afterward, we thanked the receptionist for helping us. She relaxed and smiled and told us it was no problem and that she's sure we'd be fine now. When we got home, Miles was so glad we weren't moving again that he was cuddly and purring the rest of the day. :)
The next day, I woke up with kidney pain and very pale. So, John took me in to the doctor and I went through a rather humiliating day of tests and got 3 vials of blood drawn and x-rays of my stomach taken. The doctor, a very efficient woman that is also a Captain in the military, thinks I might have a kidney stone and the x-ray had a suspicious white dot on it. So, a CT scan of my middle would be needed. She gave me a bottle of magnesium citrate to help clear me out for the CT scan and just to help my body keep working correctly. The next day I was sick all day from drinking the whole bottle of medicine (as
was required) and John suddenly had a fever and was throwing up. He was reacting to his H1N1 vaccine. He was much more ill than I was, so I put him on the couch and dabbed his face with a cold cloth and helped him to take little sips of Sierra Mist to try to stay hydrated and held his head on my lap while he shivered. He was doing a little better by the early hours of the morning and was able to go to part of work the next morning. We got the CT scan done on Friday and now we're just waiting for it to be ready so we know what's going on. I've still been pretty ill and had pain around the areas of my kidneys, so I actually hope it is a kidney stone just for an answer and for something to treat.
So, John's doing fine now, is fiercely taking care of me, and I'm rebelling against the illness and trying to function anyway. :) We'll let y'all know what happens when we know.
We took Miles to the vet. That morning, John came home early and laid down by me to sleep a little longer. I woke up to John frantically telling me we had half an hour to get there. Christine, who has usually crashed (hypoglycemic-speaking) when she oversleeps became highly irritated and threatened John's life. But, we got Miles sample of #2 into a bag for the vet, got out his paperwork with his history and shots and registration, got him in his harness, and g
y's blankey. The vet called us back and we set him on the table. She gave him 2 shots - one per hip - and then pulled out a needle over 3 times the size of my cortizone shot for his microchip. She lets us know he might cry and pull away and that we'll need to hold him. She stuck him with it and he didn't flinch or cry at all. I am in utter awe of him. It was right between the shoulder blades, too, so not the fattiest spot on a cat. Afterward, we thanked the receptionist for helping us. She relaxed and smiled and told us it was no problem and that she's sure we'd be fine now. When we got home, Miles was so glad we weren't moving again that he was cuddly and purring the rest of the day. :)The next day, I woke up with kidney pain and very pale. So, John took me in to the doctor and I went through a rather humiliating day of tests and got 3 vials of blood drawn and x-rays of my stomach taken. The doctor, a very efficient woman that is also a Captain in the military, thinks I might have a kidney stone and the x-ray had a suspicious white dot on it. So, a CT scan of my middle would be needed. She gave me a bottle of magnesium citrate to help clear me out for the CT scan and just to help my body keep working correctly. The next day I was sick all day from drinking the whole bottle of medicine (as
was required) and John suddenly had a fever and was throwing up. He was reacting to his H1N1 vaccine. He was much more ill than I was, so I put him on the couch and dabbed his face with a cold cloth and helped him to take little sips of Sierra Mist to try to stay hydrated and held his head on my lap while he shivered. He was doing a little better by the early hours of the morning and was able to go to part of work the next morning. We got the CT scan done on Friday and now we're just waiting for it to be ready so we know what's going on. I've still been pretty ill and had pain around the areas of my kidneys, so I actually hope it is a kidney stone just for an answer and for something to treat.So, John's doing fine now, is fiercely taking care of me, and I'm rebelling against the illness and trying to function anyway. :) We'll let y'all know what happens when we know.

2 comments:
Ugh. I'm trying not to laugh, but it all sounds so horrible! Hope it's not a kidney stone- those HURT! But, on the bright side, if you can handle that labor is NO problem! :) There's a really simple (if not tasty) salt drink treatment that helped with mine...good luck! And I'm SO glad we didn't react to the H1N1 shots- I was very paranoid about it!
You better get better soon. No more making us worry. And I promise to make it to the post office soon:)
Post a Comment