Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's a mystery.

My doctor didn't wait the week for the hospital to send her the CT scan and called up there herself for the results. A kidney stone is not why I haven't been well. Now, mind you, I do have some, but they are tiny ones that are still in the kidney and not causing any problems and probably won't on their way out, either. So, we'll need to keep looking into things. John thinks I've been stressing so much that my body is freaking out. It could also be more than one thing that needs solving. It could be that one of the meds I take is having adverse effects. So, we'll see what happens. At first I was like, "Dang it I don't have a kidney stone" cause I had just hoped for an answer so much. And then I was like, "Wait... I don't have a kidney stone! Yay for less pain!" :D We're looking on the bright side. ;) I'm trying to get an appointment to see my doctor, but apparently I have to call at 7:30 in the morning the day I want the appointment to make one because they only make appointments for her by the day. ? I don't get it. So, I guess I'll call bright and early.
In the meantime, we're going to make the most of it. We'll rent a lot of movies (and after the Oscars there are several that I apparently MUST see) and be home together and cozy and just enjoy the downtime. I mean, once we have kids and such I will be wishing for some downtime even if sickness was what had to pay for it. So, gonna take some time for me. I'm going to write more. Did I ever tell you I've been writing - though mostly re- and re-writing - the same book since I was 13? Well, I have. It's about wizards and dragons and stuff. (Which wasn't all that popular when I started it, but now everyone's doing it. Ah, well. It will be some time before I ever - if I ever - try to publish it.) Speaking of which, Flight of Dragons is out on dvd for the first time if any of my fellow nerds want to virtually rush to Amazon and order it. :O Anyway, I digress. So, I'll read books and go for walks and learn new recipes and find out if cooking school will cost me my soul as tuition. It'll be good. And go to the doctor and have her ask, "Does this hurt?" over and over until we find out why I'm sick all the time. Ask anybody - I get sick A LOT. Especially my poor Paleontology professor back in the day... such a patient man. He introduced me to ammonites, too, so I owe him BIG time. Believe me. (Now I'll have to unpack the fossils today so I can hug mine - carefully, they're hard and poky.)
Sorry for the false alarm. Everything really was pointing to a kidney stone. (Once again there are some there, in my defense. Just not bad ones...)
This has been yet ANOTHER tantalizing tale from the life of a little wisp. Stay tuned. ;) XD

3 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

I can definitely relate to the just wanting an answer thing--a while back I went to the hospital to have a test done to see if there are any blockages preventing the whole egg getting to uterus process, and I was initially disappointed when the doc gave me the all clear. I still feel that way sometimes, since technically I'm still undiagnosed. I hope the doc can find something soon to give you peace of mind (not to mention more specific treatment methods!!!). And I love that you're taking time for yourself...you deserve it, girl!

Maren said...

Sorry. I wish you felt better. My old doctor in American Fork was the same. You had to start calling the minute they opened to try to get in that day. Many docs do that. good luck.

Di said...

Oi...stop worrying and get better :) Funny, I thought of you a while ago because my little bro has been writing a book for a few years now...and keeps revising...enjoy your movies and eat some ice cream and popcorn for me :)