Man, it seems that people are having hard time all around the table lately. Let's keep our chins up, eh? :)Well, we got another signature today! This afternoon Johnny had a meeting with people from the National Guard and people from the Army so that everyone is on the same page. So, things are certainly headed in the right direction. He'll have one more probably by Saturday. However, there is a slight snag in that we are just getting to the end of the fiscal year, so to avoid complications financially the higher-ups won't be signing until October 1st. That's okay, though, cause this will give us a chance to downsize our belongings and pack the remaining up. Then all the rest of the signatures should happen no problem and we should have our orders by November/December. It's not as soon as we would have liked - moving in the snow is not our favorite idea - but, it's fine. This way there won't be any scrambling to get ready and such. I asked John, "What if we get sent somewhere really random... like, Panama or somewhere?" But, he let me know that we'll be able to live on the army base wherever we go, so we can still live our lives pretty normal. And, hey, there might be some pretty cool stuff there! I might just Google it later. :) *feels better* Oo-de-lally!
We probably will stay living in this apartment until we go, unless it gets really bad. We've lost a lot of water pressure recently, but that could have to do with some road construction we've been having (I hope). We're not huge fans of our neighbors, but moving twice in that short of time would be quite stressful. And neighbors in apartments are never that great, so, we'll just stay put for now. I invested in some very cute pink earplugs that are helping me sleep much better, anyway. :D

I've been thinking more and more about trying out culinary school after we get settled somewhere. I've been getting more and more interested in cooking and food for the past year or so. And I've got to say, it all started with watching Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals on Food Network. Something about the simplicity she gives things made me less afraid to try new things out - like using garlic or buying new foods that I've never heard of, like gnocchi. Ah, gnocchi, what was life before I knew you? ;) I'm starting to want to make my own fresh pasta for homemade raviolis and I've tweaked pretty
much every recipe I have. And, a surprise to my mother and to myself... but much more to my mother, I'm even becoming interested in baking. I love learning new things and remembering - like that romano is made with sheep's milk while parmesan is made with cow's milk which accounts for the stronger flavor in romano cheese. I know that no one else really cares about that stuff, but I love it! =) And new heroes are: Mario Batalli, Ming Tsai, Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto, and of course Andreas Viestad (my favey Norwegian chef). I think it would be fun to immerse myself in culinary arts. And someday when we can afford to have cable again: I cannot wait to start watching Iron Chef America again!!! (It's like a football game for us...) :D
More news will come when I get some (or just some more random stuff I feel like writing, heh heh).
much every recipe I have. And, a surprise to my mother and to myself... but much more to my mother, I'm even becoming interested in baking. I love learning new things and remembering - like that romano is made with sheep's milk while parmesan is made with cow's milk which accounts for the stronger flavor in romano cheese. I know that no one else really cares about that stuff, but I love it! =) And new heroes are: Mario Batalli, Ming Tsai, Bobby Flay, Masaharu Morimoto, and of course Andreas Viestad (my favey Norwegian chef). I think it would be fun to immerse myself in culinary arts. And someday when we can afford to have cable again: I cannot wait to start watching Iron Chef America again!!! (It's like a football game for us...) :DMore news will come when I get some (or just some more random stuff I feel like writing, heh heh).

2 comments:
I LOVE Iron Chef America. I like the original too. I gotta say though, I'm not a fan of Bobby Flay...my first exposure to him was watching him and Morimoto battle on Iron Chef, and Bobby was a total douche (then he lost and I loved it). So my opinion of him has been tainted ever since.
He can be a douche when he's competing, it's true. I think he's grown a lot since he's been doing Iron Chef and Throwdown (...he loses on Throwdown a lot). We should totally watch Iron Chef America together!!! And then eat after, cause I get way hungry. (I bet Alton goes out to eat after every show since he doesn't ever get to eat - except once when Mario Batalli made plates for Alton and Kevin Brosch.) Yay!
Post a Comment