Just to update you all about our future plans: the army works SLOWLY. And getting Sargeants to call you back is not easy. We're still working on getting the signatures he needs to leave the National Guard. I'll let you know once we get them all. :)John finished up his AT - 2 weeks of annual military duty - even more excited to become a soldier full-time. A sad thing happened two days before he finished, though. He had the opportunity to venture up in a blackhawk helicopter for some maneuvers. However, it didn't occur to him to take off his glasses, and when the copilot did a side sweeping maneuver without giving the passengers warning, the glasses were sucked right off his face and out of the helicopter and down, down into a rocky canyon. :( We were very stressed about it because things have been tight for us, but family helped us out and, though our warranty couldn't cover loss, the place we bought the glasses ordered us a new pair at cost, so the new pair was much less expensive. The new pair arrived today and we went and picked them up at once. (John's had to wear the very large ugly BCG's - army glasses - from Basic Training... let's just say the '60s might not have worked for John. :D ) We're very relieved.
After getting the new glasses a
djusted we went to the cutest little frozen yogurt shop. It's all self-serve and they weigh your final creation to determine the price. And, best of all: they have little pieces of mochi to put on top! Mochi is a japanese rice cake - which texture is hard to describe... I guess somewhere between marshmallows and gummy bears - filled with ice cream. There were little clumps of the rice cake stuff to sprinkle over your frozen yogurt, so it would taste like mochi. Yay!!! It was a simple outing, but so much fun. I made a blueberry-strawberry concotion and John put together most of the chocolate things available. (He is so cute.)We're trying to figure out how to pack with an unknown date ahead of us. Once they tell us where John's assigned, we'll have 14 days to get there, so we need to be ready. I've been thinking I'll just keep out our very favorite of everything so when we find out we can put all the favorite stuff in their own boxes and go. Also, that way if we get sent somewhere out of the country, we can just take the favorite boxes with us and store the other ones somewhere. We'll also be getting rid of a lot of stuff, which I enjoy. It feels so refreshing to lighten up how much stuff we have. (Especially papers - I hate how many papers I hang onto. Gr.)
Things are crazy and uncertain now, but my piano students' parents are being very understanding. And, you know, John is the best husband. He does sweet little things to help me relax and smile - a little drinkbox of Korean chocolate soy milk, the frozen yogurt outing, watching Psych episodes with me (my favey), or playing me an amazing song that pulls the stress out (an Il Divo song - I was a puddle of Tine by the end). I admit, I've let the uncertainty tear at me - I may or may not be sleeping little, losing hair, and what hair is left may or may not have new white strands in it... I've let
go of all the stable things in our world and formed a fuzzy new picture of the future. Which is kind of unlike me... I'm a lot like my dad, I like things quiet and patterned and I like them to go according to my plans. ;) (My dad is very adorable that way.) I like to think I'm forming into a new me - and my dad is the most excited for us. He's the one that pointed out to me just how excited John gets when he talks about the army - how much his eyes light up. Nothing can be wrong when it makes my sweetbear so happy. =)
3 comments:
Oooh, that yogurt place sounds divine- we should make an outing of it if we ever have time!
Love that your Dad is the one to point out John's lit-up-eyes...Get some spirulina for your hair- or just take prenatal vitamins- it'll help! Yay for new glasses!
Where is this frozen yogurt place? It definitely sounds like something we'd like to try.
Glad you have such a good outlook on your future, although the specifics are still relatively unknown. I'm sure you guys will find a way to enjoy it no matter where you end up.
The place is just in Spanish Fork, near Macey's and Hollywood Video. :) I have a feeling I'll be dragging anyone who visits me there. ;)
Thanks for the support, you guys. =)
Post a Comment