Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Own World

Sometimes I get lost in a song and I find myself in another place. Somewhere where it doesn't matter if people forget you. It doesn't matter if they like you. Only the one you love is there with you (well, cats and other animals are there, too) and you can just sit by the water and talk together all day. Neither of you has to leave the other one alone and go to work for hours or days like here. There are breezes and lazy rains and it's always easy to breathe. Money doesn't hang over you and push down on your mind there. Everything can just stop hurting there. None of the meaningless things that end up meaning everything here mean anything there. We just are together... in our own world. Nothing can touch us; we're wrapped in the music in a place apart.
I've been trying to leave that gate open so that this place doesn't crush us. It's working. Now whenever something stresses us out, we just tell each other we're in our own world and it will be okay. And, somehow, it is.

3 comments:

spyder said...

The only place I belong is there with you. Always.

Jiles The Great said...

This is why I can't survive without music...well put my friend. :-)

Emily said...

sigh...very nice place indeed.