Friday, June 12, 2009

Just Hang On

Our landlord came to look at our ceiling this week -- the swamp cooler had leaked and now the area it leaked through is crumbling away -- and let us know that our neighbors downstairs told him they would be moving at the end of July. :D Yay! I would feel bad about it, but they have been very difficult to live with (as mentioned in a previous post). So, now we're glad that we waited it out.
Johnny is a natural at his job. He's helping the boys he works with express themselves. So far we're barely making enough to make ends meet, but he should get a raise soon, so we're going to stick with it. We've also decided to get the ball rolling for John to go to college. He's been accepted to UVU and will take a class or two this Fall. However, as the school has only just become a university, they don't have a Psychology major. But, John could get a degree in Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Psychology. We're thinking that he could earn an Associate's Degree in Behavioral Science and see if he can transfer to a different university so he can get a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology with a more specific emphasis. At this point, he'd like to be a marriage counselor. I'm excited for him. We're looking into State, Federal, and Military financial assistance with it, and it will most likely be more than possible. John's nervous, but I know he will do well. He loves learning. And he read the Encyclopedia as a kid, so he'll be fine!
I also found out that I actually couldn't get a degree in Geology at UVU as many have assured me; there is only a degree in Earth Science with an emphasis in Geology. So, I'll keep going to BYU for now, with all its odd quirks. The further I get into my field, though, the less those things concern me. There's a field trip coming up this month hunting for meteorites. One of our professors has had several successful meteorite expeditions to Antarctica, so I think she can definitely help us find some good ones.
Today we had a picnic in the rain. We had little bagel sandwiches, pringles, and blueberry scones in our car in the Target parking lot while it poured rain outside. It wasn't our planned lunch, it just ended up happening because we had no time for anything else. But, it was so cozy and fun! I love little things like that; those are the things life is really about.
We're just taking it day by day, for now. Loving our kitty, making s'mores in the microwave, scrambling up some eggs with dill, and listening to the rain. Things are going ok and we'll just keep hangin' on. :)

5 comments:

Spyder said...

I just wanted you to know: You're the best. I love you.

wisp said...

;) Back at ya, baby.

Di said...

You two are so cute and sweet it almost makes my teeth hurt... ;) j/k!!! I love it! So excited for you and school John- you'll do swell! Glad you're loving your major C, I love reading your positive look on life, keep it up!

Matthew Neal said...

(This is Jen, BTW)
Way to go John! He'll do awesome at school, I just know it. C, are you still doing the field study thing now that you're taking the summer off? That sounded really fun.

wisp said...

Jen! Yay! Yes, I'll still be doing my field study. It's technically a Fall class even though it's during the summer. (Don't ask me.) I've already gotten my rock hammer!!! >:D