It's almost over! If everything goes as scheduled, John should be flying home on Friday. I am so excited! It's suddenly here, though I felt every minute up to it. So, I will not be going on the field trip to Death Valley. (It's okay. I've heard this professor likes to really rough it and hike a lot.) That means I'll have a 3-day Valentine's weekend with Johnny! Yay!Just a heads up, John will be looking for a new job since the company he worked for went under. So, if anyone has good connections, let us know. :)
This has been really hard, but it's made me stronger. It's made us stronger. All around him out there, fellow-soldiers are getting divorced. My neighbors all fight like crazy. Some of them are moving out right now (one or both, I'm really not sure yet; they had a huge fight this morning). John's roommate asked him the other day, "Don't you hate your wife sometimes?" after fighting with his spouse on the phone. John told me he just smiled and said, "No. I don't know what that feels like." He has always treated me like I'm so... precious. Our first New Year's Eve together, I went over to his mom's apartment. His oldest sister was going to be there, too, and I was all nervous to meet her, because I knew how important she was to him. As I walked down the stairs to knock on his front door, I saw a bottle of sparkling cider and some pretty glasses on the table inside. I had told him earlier that I liked it. No one had ever done something special for me like that. We had our first kiss that night too (at midnight). *blushing*
I made a decision when I got a letter a long time ago; I decided I would let myself love a boy that had hurt me once. I had never stopped loving him. I'm so glad that I let myself be vulnerable, that I let myself be loved. Because I went from hell to heaven. I suddenly believed in all the things I was sure never existed.
I gave him a song when he left, so I'll give him a song to come back to.
"When I see you smile it feels like I'm falling. It's not for anybody else to know, the way your face could light the bitter dark of every street in every town I'll ever go. It's not for anybody else to know, for anybody else to know. When I see you smile first thing in the morning, it raises curtains on your lazy eyes. Could it be that you and I have the greatest love to ever be? How could this have ever been before? It's not for anybody else to know, for anybody else to know. When Friday night arrives, we'll let it pass outside the door. This is not for anybody else, anybody else to know." --Bic Runga
This is going to be the best Valentine's Day ever!

2 comments:
I'm sure it will be- so happy for you !
Oh, the happiness!!!!
Post a Comment