Well, The Sickishness has found me. Sitting in a room of over 200 people 3 times a week tends to make that easier. But, today happens to be the lightest day of the week for me, so it's all good. Sometimes getting sick helps me get my homework done because it eliminates all that running around time. And catching up helps me so I don't lose all hope of ever finishing college. And now when I'm sick Johnny can take care of me, which is really nice. Fixing your own dinner when you're sick is probably one of the most blah things ever.Yesterday, my chemistry teacher had a red balloon filled with helium and two white balloons filled with normal air. He had already exploded a hydrogen balloon, so we expected more fiery fun. But he tied the string of the red balloon around the top of his head and draped the two white balloons, connected by one long string, around his neck where they ended up hanging down by his hands. Then a picture of a water molecule came up on the screen - the hydrogens were white and the oxygen was red. Then he started moving around the room in a spastic way, showing us the different kinds of motion molecules are always in (translation, vibration, and rotation). It was hilarious! Because he loves teaching so much, I learn better. Funny how that happens.
My Johnny has been home for almost a week now. It's like I'd been being so strong and so hard for so long that when John came back the little shell I'd built around myself shattered and fell. So, I've been sleeping a lot. He is my favorite weakness. :) We've just been getting used to each other again and making sure he got to check in with his RSP unit-thing alright. He was promoted early from an E1 to an E2! He's been looking for a job a little bit. It's so discouraging. But, we're keeping each other's spirits up. And Miles sleeping on my lap with his face smooshed into the bottom of my foot makes it impossible to be sad.
This year, the geology program is going on a mega fieldtrip to the Himalayas. But, I'll be on a different field study that is required and at the same time. I should have taken it last year, but I didn't because we were moving and getting John ready to go. They'll be working with the University of Dehli in India on the tectonics and such. Last year they went to the Bahamas and the year before to Naples, Italy. I'm hoping the fjords of Norway will come up soon. (Ah, Norway!) I love my field. I love learning that there are crinoid fossils on the top of Everest -- which means at one point it was under water. Learning about the Earth fills me with awe.
So, anyway, I'll be the sicky at home today. I'll probably still go to class tomorrow. I have papers due and an exam to take next week. But, today we'll just be on pause for a little while.

No comments:
Post a Comment