Well, my Johnny is home at last! He's a little sore from having some dental surgery, but he's healing fast. We went out to lunch together yesterday for our Valentine's date and then just spent the evening together at home. It's been a little weird for us because we both feel like he'll be leaving again soon. It's starting to set in that this is permanent. We've both been sleeping really well now. :) So much relief has swept over us. It's like I'd been so tired for months but had no idea until we were headed home together from the airport. We're just soaking each other in at this point.
We even have a bit of a theme song, Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, for John's homecoming. He discovered it while playing Guitar Hero with his fellow-soldiers at AIT and I am absolutely in love with it!
John has definitely grown into his soldier status! He is a muscley boy now -- we might even need to buy him some new clothes! He moves like a soldier now and talks like he's from the South a little bit. ;) I think it's cute. We can't stop talking and showing each other cool stuff we discovered in the other's absence. And he's actually relieved that he doesn't have to go back to DHL. He's looking forward to finding something new. And we're going to get everything sorted out with the alleged resignation John supposedly made. We're not going to let the pressures of life get us down in the dumps. We're just going to ride it out and learn what we can.
I'm thinking that now we'll go make some soup and watch some As Time Goes By (the most cozy British comedy series there is) and enjoy our lazy Sunday together.
We even have a bit of a theme song, Cliffs of Dover by Eric Johnson, for John's homecoming. He discovered it while playing Guitar Hero with his fellow-soldiers at AIT and I am absolutely in love with it!
John has definitely grown into his soldier status! He is a muscley boy now -- we might even need to buy him some new clothes! He moves like a soldier now and talks like he's from the South a little bit. ;) I think it's cute. We can't stop talking and showing each other cool stuff we discovered in the other's absence. And he's actually relieved that he doesn't have to go back to DHL. He's looking forward to finding something new. And we're going to get everything sorted out with the alleged resignation John supposedly made. We're not going to let the pressures of life get us down in the dumps. We're just going to ride it out and learn what we can.
I'm thinking that now we'll go make some soup and watch some As Time Goes By (the most cozy British comedy series there is) and enjoy our lazy Sunday together.


3 comments:
Awwwwww.... hurray! I thought about calling you and John to see if you wanted to visit Sunday when we were at my moms, I still have something for you, you know. but....I figured you two were probably just happy to be home, maybe in 2 weeks when Tom gets back?
We've gotta get you two to an Eric concert--you should see him play that sucker live, it's AMAZING!
Di-- I think two weeks from now should work on the Sunday of that weekend or maybe the Friday night. (Everybody's wanting to see the Johnny!) We might have plans for that Saturday, but I haven't heard back yet.
Jiles-- We totally need to see it live! It's just not the same on Youtube! ;) I hear that John does a pretty good performance on Guitar Hero, too, though. :)
Post a Comment