Eeeheehee!
I love Halloween! I get excited for it every year. In August I start asking little kids what they'll dress up as. I get excited to watch Garfield's Halloween and It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! The changing of the leaves and the chill in the weather is delicious to me. And of course, the scary movies start playing on TV and such. I enjoy thrillers and mysteries a lot, but not the gore-fests. My intelligence feels insulted that they're trying to freak me out with that much red corn syrup (that's the fake blood -- my sister was really into drama for a while). I also love ghost stories. I watch the show Ghosthunters every week because I love their level-headed approach. I'm not scared of ghosts, somehow. I can get a thrill and a chill from it though.
When I was a kid I dressed up as a princess one year. I had a big pink dress that was all silky and flowy and a tall hat with a veil coming off the tip (that now reminds me of a dunce cap a little bit). I was so excited to be beautiful while I went Trick-or-Treating. But, living in Utah, it got really cold by Halloween and my mother decreed that I had to wear a coat. "But no one can see my costume under a coat!" I wailed. So a weird compromise was reached. I wore some warm sweats and my puffy coat under my dress. So everyone could see it. I was a very puffy princess. It totally sucked. But, the pictures in my scrapbook are pretty, at least. And I got some good loot, just the same.
A couple of years ago Johnny and I decided to go to a Halloween party. John had grown his facial hair out just for the occasion. He shaved only down the middle of his chin and then spiked his goatee into two points. He actually super-glued two little metal spikes to his forehead to be horns, donned his pinstripe suit with a red tie and a dark shirt and wore his Full-Metal Alchemist gloves. After his hair was appropriately slicked back, he was the Devil. (A really attractive devil he was, at that.) I was wearing red and pink and white with a big strawberry on my head and fake freckles on my cheeks -- Strawberry Shortcake. That was probably my favorite Halloween ever.
So, boils and ghouls, I hope you all have a creepy week ahead of you. I certainly will. Buwahahahahahaha!
I love Halloween! I get excited for it every year. In August I start asking little kids what they'll dress up as. I get excited to watch Garfield's Halloween and It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! The changing of the leaves and the chill in the weather is delicious to me. And of course, the scary movies start playing on TV and such. I enjoy thrillers and mysteries a lot, but not the gore-fests. My intelligence feels insulted that they're trying to freak me out with that much red corn syrup (that's the fake blood -- my sister was really into drama for a while). I also love ghost stories. I watch the show Ghosthunters every week because I love their level-headed approach. I'm not scared of ghosts, somehow. I can get a thrill and a chill from it though.
When I was a kid I dressed up as a princess one year. I had a big pink dress that was all silky and flowy and a tall hat with a veil coming off the tip (that now reminds me of a dunce cap a little bit). I was so excited to be beautiful while I went Trick-or-Treating. But, living in Utah, it got really cold by Halloween and my mother decreed that I had to wear a coat. "But no one can see my costume under a coat!" I wailed. So a weird compromise was reached. I wore some warm sweats and my puffy coat under my dress. So everyone could see it. I was a very puffy princess. It totally sucked. But, the pictures in my scrapbook are pretty, at least. And I got some good loot, just the same.
A couple of years ago Johnny and I decided to go to a Halloween party. John had grown his facial hair out just for the occasion. He shaved only down the middle of his chin and then spiked his goatee into two points. He actually super-glued two little metal spikes to his forehead to be horns, donned his pinstripe suit with a red tie and a dark shirt and wore his Full-Metal Alchemist gloves. After his hair was appropriately slicked back, he was the Devil. (A really attractive devil he was, at that.) I was wearing red and pink and white with a big strawberry on my head and fake freckles on my cheeks -- Strawberry Shortcake. That was probably my favorite Halloween ever.
So, boils and ghouls, I hope you all have a creepy week ahead of you. I certainly will. Buwahahahahahaha!


2 comments:
I love Halloween as well! The best time to be something we aren't. It's great to hear somebody else in the family enjoys this holiday too! Cheers to the Ghoulies!
Hee, hee...I love the coat under the princess dress image. I remember many a Halloween nights spent very bundled up!
Post a Comment