This weekend I hiked up to Timpanogas Cave with John's sister, her daughters, and some of her friends. It was pouring rain and it was awesome! I'd never been in a cave before, actually. I learned a lot. We saw some fossilized coral, tons of stalactites, and other cool geologic processes. I might even do my thesis on a certain curling growth of calcite in the cave that all the theories as to why they grow that way have been proven wrong. That's a while in the future, of course. But, the tour guide had a background in geology and he said I should try working there next summer. (That would be amazing.) I'm thinking about it. I also have been thinking about trying to get on at the Earth Science Museum at school and work with dinosaur fossils. A friend of mine works there and some cool opportunities have come her way because of it. The hike back down was easier, though wetter. I love rain, though, so it didn't bother me. Then I decided to spend a small fortune in the gift shop on rocks. *shaking of head* But they're cool rocks - several geodes, too. It was fun to get to know Johnny's sister better and her sweet girls. It was their first time to the cave, as well. When I go to places like that, it just reinforces to me that I'm in the right field. Even if it is a difficult field as far as math, chemistry, and physics go. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself about school. It's still hard to concentrate and it feels like I'm doing much worse than everyone else. But, I think that's how everyone is feeling (except those really smart kids). I'm adjusting to no-Johnny. The homework gives me a good pace to work through. And by the time finals are over it will be Christmas! I still miss my boy. He is my dream while I am awake.
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago

1 comment:
Go for either of the jobs. You'd have so much fun! I can totally see you doing either of them. I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment