Okay, I've been tagged by two people and I don't understand my math. So, today is the day.
I'll do them both in the same post, starting with the shorter one, which wants to know six quirks about me. I guess I can pare it down to 6. To explain the picture: So, it's my soul.
1- I have to dance. In the car, in a public restroom... anywhere. If I get a song that beats a certain way, I just have to. And I don't get too embarrassed about it anymore, either. Because, well, I'm an okay dancer. Some of you know that I did latin ballroom dancing for several years. My best two dances are cha cha and samba. Well, I do rhumba well, too. I incorporate that type of movement into my gettin'-down-with-my-bad-self dancing. It's probably quite humorous to watch.
2- I listen to Japanese music. A lot. And I sing along in Japanese. It makes people think I'm weird, which I enjoy, so it's all fun to me.
3- Since I was a kid I have randomly gotten cravings for pickles. When I was like 7 I'd go to the fridge with a spoon and go at the relish. Only dill, I'd like to clarify. Get that sweet and bread 'n' butter stuff away from me. So far, I recommend anything with big chunks of garlic at the bottom of the jar.
4- I procrastinate in odd ways. And I feel guilty the whole time. Johnny will ask, "Don't you have homework?" and I'll say, "Yes, but I really needed to organize my pencils right now." You see the problem.
5- I have to finish the meal with something sweet. It doesn't feel like I'm done eating unless I've had a sweet something. Even if it's small, even if it has to be gum (desperate measures). If I have a savory breakfast, toast with jam comes at the end. *shrug* John thinks it's cute. (That's my defense.)
6- I like to read before I fall asleep. Even if it's 2 am and I'm barely making it to the bed without knocking stuff over, I will try to read. (And John gives me that one-eyebrow-raised-"you're serious?" look and takes it away after the second time I drop the book on my face.)
One down, one to go.
This one's called five things, but it's listing five things about a bunch of things. It's a long one. I've warned you, though, so no volatile comments.
10 Years Ago I:
1- Met Johnny going to see Patch Adams. Little did I know...
2- Quit taking piano lessons. My teacher wanted too much from me at a time when I had enough pressure at school and with my social life. Funny enough, I played the piano more after I quite taking lessons. Because I wanted to, because I had to. I can't sort out my life without my piano.
3- Had an awful relationship with my parents.
4- Was writing a fantasy novel. It's not done yet.
5- Met a teacher at school that was like a second father. Without him I would be a different person now. We still keep in touch from time to time.
5 things on today's "to do list:"
1- Math.
2- Chemistry.
3- See my niece.
4- Play video games for the first time since Johnny left.
5- Paleontology.
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1- Pickles and cheese. I eat them together. So?
2- Banana bread with butter.
3- Fruit snacks.
4- Granola bars.
5- Cold cereal.
5 places I've lived: (rats, this will be sad)
1- San Jose, California
2- Orem, Utah
3- Mapleton, Utah
4- Logan, Utah
5- Hell, Utah
(I'm witty.)
5 Jobs I've had:
1- Burger King person
2- Executive Assistant
3- Office Assistant
4- Bagel sandwich making girl
5- Piano teacher
5 Pet Peeves:
1- Annoying noises (all of my neighbors are in violation, by the way)
2- When someone decides to educate me about something (in a snooty fashion) that I understand better than they do
3- People flirting around me as if I'm not there (a little nauseus just mentioning it)
4- I don't want to see what you're chewing.
5- Country music. (I've tried!)
5 things that bring me joy:
1- Reading and writing
2- Cooking
3- Johnny
4- Geology
5- Johnny
5 People I tag:
I don't know 5 people with blogs (unless you count the ones that don't update) so I'll have to say Johnny (when he gets back) and anyone who feels like it.
Well, now you know a little more about me. If you need some space for a while, I'll understand. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment