I fell asleep at 9 pm last night and woke up at 6:30 am this morning. o.O Weird. And more weird: I love it! I'm so pleased. Being awake when it's light is definitely my cup of tea. =D
It's been a good weekend so far. =) We used a gift card we got for Christmas to have a dinner date last night and then went window shopping a little and then got a few groceries on the way home. And I got gum that gives me vitamins! Woohoo! (I take pleasure in the little things in life. Hahaha.) I had ordered a poster of a Van Gogh painting I love for like a buck fifty this week and we got a frame for it and hung it last night. I started really loving turquoise and then found out my nieces love it, too, which made me love it more. xD So, I am loving that it's turquoise with flowers.
It looks a little dark in the photo, but I had to get a picture. I love it. It's got me feeling more like decorating again. >:) There's the cutest turquoise spider clock (style spider not the animal, ew) that I want to get soon to hang up in the same room. Yay yay!
And I finally am posting a picture from Christmas. Me and the kitties by the tree. It was tricky to get them to quit hitting each other and look at the camera. xD John is masterful.
The tree is only a little in there, but, oh well. It's a short tree, which turned out to be good since the kitties knocked it over on the 2nd. So, it is put away already. xD It was time - we were tired of telling them not to play around the tree. We had a really nice Christmas. :)
I've been exercising every day, determined to get back in shape and feel more energetic. So far, I've lost three pounds. We won't think about how many are left to go. Hahaha. xD My goal isn't necessarily my body before the medication, just an in shape version of me. Maybe a body builder version. Hahaha. I'm trying not to put my expectations too low or too high. How I'm feeling is most important lately. The withdrawals are fading and I'm not having too many side effects from the new medicine. Don't want to speak too soon, but I think this one could work out well. :)
John still has another week on the night shift in this unit and then he'll be moving back to his old unit. He has friends in both units now, though, so it will be bittersweet. The mean lady sergeant isn't so mean anymore and it's been smoother for a while. And come the 30th, John will be headed for Louisiana for training for 3 weeks. He was the only one from flight ops. chosen to attend. I'm taking that as a good sign. :) It does mean we will be apart for Valentine's Day, but that's ok. I've spent a lot of V-days alone and it's not that bad. At least I have someone I love this time. *being positive* And I can test run for when he deploys. My therapist and I will go through some preparing for it, I'm sure. (I wuv my therapist.) It's weird that I have both a therapist and a psychiatrist. *shrug* They're both strong, successful women that I am glad to have influencing my world. =)
I am so set to cook today. I'm planning on making a bratwurst soup, banana muffins, and pumpkin cookies. But, even if I just make one and get some laundry done I'll be pleased. ;)
Thanks to y'all for reading and commenting. My blog meant a lot to me before, but it means so much more now because it's my anchor with those I miss. *blush* Love y'all.
Extra thing: A talent I would like to cultivate more... Actually, decorating. I am good at it when I apply myself. =) So, I'm going to work on getting this place decorated and beautiful.
It's been a good weekend so far. =) We used a gift card we got for Christmas to have a dinner date last night and then went window shopping a little and then got a few groceries on the way home. And I got gum that gives me vitamins! Woohoo! (I take pleasure in the little things in life. Hahaha.) I had ordered a poster of a Van Gogh painting I love for like a buck fifty this week and we got a frame for it and hung it last night. I started really loving turquoise and then found out my nieces love it, too, which made me love it more. xD So, I am loving that it's turquoise with flowers.
It looks a little dark in the photo, but I had to get a picture. I love it. It's got me feeling more like decorating again. >:) There's the cutest turquoise spider clock (style spider not the animal, ew) that I want to get soon to hang up in the same room. Yay yay!And I finally am posting a picture from Christmas. Me and the kitties by the tree. It was tricky to get them to quit hitting each other and look at the camera. xD John is masterful.
I've been exercising every day, determined to get back in shape and feel more energetic. So far, I've lost three pounds. We won't think about how many are left to go. Hahaha. xD My goal isn't necessarily my body before the medication, just an in shape version of me. Maybe a body builder version. Hahaha. I'm trying not to put my expectations too low or too high. How I'm feeling is most important lately. The withdrawals are fading and I'm not having too many side effects from the new medicine. Don't want to speak too soon, but I think this one could work out well. :)
John still has another week on the night shift in this unit and then he'll be moving back to his old unit. He has friends in both units now, though, so it will be bittersweet. The mean lady sergeant isn't so mean anymore and it's been smoother for a while. And come the 30th, John will be headed for Louisiana for training for 3 weeks. He was the only one from flight ops. chosen to attend. I'm taking that as a good sign. :) It does mean we will be apart for Valentine's Day, but that's ok. I've spent a lot of V-days alone and it's not that bad. At least I have someone I love this time. *being positive* And I can test run for when he deploys. My therapist and I will go through some preparing for it, I'm sure. (I wuv my therapist.) It's weird that I have both a therapist and a psychiatrist. *shrug* They're both strong, successful women that I am glad to have influencing my world. =)
I am so set to cook today. I'm planning on making a bratwurst soup, banana muffins, and pumpkin cookies. But, even if I just make one and get some laundry done I'll be pleased. ;)
Thanks to y'all for reading and commenting. My blog meant a lot to me before, but it means so much more now because it's my anchor with those I miss. *blush* Love y'all.
Extra thing: A talent I would like to cultivate more... Actually, decorating. I am good at it when I apply myself. =) So, I'm going to work on getting this place decorated and beautiful.

2 comments:
LOVE the print of the painting! Of course you know I'm a sucker for that stuff. And the pic of you and your kitties...sooooooo cute! SO glad that things are going well for you guys! We miss you (we were thinking of you on New Year's eve...Jacob kept talking about how much more fun we'd have if you guys were around to hang w/us and I definitely agree)!
Very impressive photo with you and kitties looking at the camera :) We're always thinking of you and miss you so much. Thanks for the posts keeping us updated :) I wish I had the money to come out there and decorate with you! Have so much fun.
Post a Comment