John has been packing, getting ready to go to his training. They put him on gym detail and then on nights for 2 weeks and now suddenly they realize they've been shoving him on the back burner and now he needs to be ready to go. So, now he's made a dentist appointment and they've sprung a PT (physical training) test on him in the morning. So, he's a stressed boy today. :( I know he's also worried about leaving me here alone, but we knew this time would come and though I don't think anything can make me really "ready" for it, I'm up for it, at least. I'll do what I need to do. =) I've been sick this week with a cold, so today I cleaned up the kitchen disaster (I give up - he will never be clean xD ) and I'm going to have something nummy ready for him when he gets home. =D That will help.
My favorite thing about getting better from being sick is that refreshed "let's take care of this stuff" feeling I get. I get that crave to clean. Especially because I've been laying there looking at the mess (and then turning toward the couch and going to sleep with a grumble hahaha). John was a sweetie-bear while I was sick. He made me root beer floats to soothe m
y sore throat. (Num num nummers!) He'd make me a pb & j (with mango peach jam *melts*) and we'd watch How I Met Your Mother and laugh and I slept a bunch. I'm a lucky girl. Johnny-boy isn't the cleanest puppy around, but he is the sweetest one! I'll take that over clean. Besides, that's what helps me out of the sick bed is cause I am needed. If he functioned just fine without me I'd feel mopey. xD
It's not surprising that I caught cold. It's been pretty chilly here. We got a lot of snow and then freezing rain. As you can probably imagine, that made things slippery everywhere! And walking on the snow to avoid the ice isn't safe because the top several layers of snow became ice, as well and can be more slippery than the ice. So, we stomped hard on the snow to break through to the softer cushion of snow and got to the car, which managed to stay in tact through the bad weather, unlike many cars around here. The main reason people here don't like to go out in the snow is to avoid the people that don't know how to drive in it. hahaha Now the snow is all gone and it's the usual raininess of winter that I love. =D I've had a friend or two that "hate" me for liking the clouds and rain. This is unfair. I don't "hate" them for liking sunshine. Besides, I feel life is too short to let the weather (or others' feelings about the weather) dictate how I feel. Also, I think Gene Kelly had a lot to do with why I love rain - cause he kept singin' and dancin' in it. xD I watched him as a kid and realized rain didn't have to be sad (cause most of the time rain is used to denote gloomy sadness in movies and tv). I've been rebelling against this anxiety/depression my whole life. So overcoming things like not allowing the weather to decide how I feel has been an accomplishment for me. :) Cute umbrellas also make rain fun. =D
Anywho, I have a load of dishes washing and much tidying and cookie baking ahead of me. (Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting oughtta de-stress a Johnny! *punches air with spirit*) I'm so glad to finally have energy! I think that medicine is finally almost out of my system and the new one is helping things not to feel so heavy. =) I send happy songs to all y'all. Enjoy life.
My favorite thing about getting better from being sick is that refreshed "let's take care of this stuff" feeling I get. I get that crave to clean. Especially because I've been laying there looking at the mess (and then turning toward the couch and going to sleep with a grumble hahaha). John was a sweetie-bear while I was sick. He made me root beer floats to soothe m
y sore throat. (Num num nummers!) He'd make me a pb & j (with mango peach jam *melts*) and we'd watch How I Met Your Mother and laugh and I slept a bunch. I'm a lucky girl. Johnny-boy isn't the cleanest puppy around, but he is the sweetest one! I'll take that over clean. Besides, that's what helps me out of the sick bed is cause I am needed. If he functioned just fine without me I'd feel mopey. xDIt's not surprising that I caught cold. It's been pretty chilly here. We got a lot of snow and then freezing rain. As you can probably imagine, that made things slippery everywhere! And walking on the snow to avoid the ice isn't safe because the top several layers of snow became ice, as well and can be more slippery than the ice. So, we stomped hard on the snow to break through to the softer cushion of snow and got to the car, which managed to stay in tact through the bad weather, unlike many cars around here. The main reason people here don't like to go out in the snow is to avoid the people that don't know how to drive in it. hahaha Now the snow is all gone and it's the usual raininess of winter that I love. =D I've had a friend or two that "hate" me for liking the clouds and rain. This is unfair. I don't "hate" them for liking sunshine. Besides, I feel life is too short to let the weather (or others' feelings about the weather) dictate how I feel. Also, I think Gene Kelly had a lot to do with why I love rain - cause he kept singin' and dancin' in it. xD I watched him as a kid and realized rain didn't have to be sad (cause most of the time rain is used to denote gloomy sadness in movies and tv). I've been rebelling against this anxiety/depression my whole life. So overcoming things like not allowing the weather to decide how I feel has been an accomplishment for me. :) Cute umbrellas also make rain fun. =D
Anywho, I have a load of dishes washing and much tidying and cookie baking ahead of me. (Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting oughtta de-stress a Johnny! *punches air with spirit*) I'm so glad to finally have energy! I think that medicine is finally almost out of my system and the new one is helping things not to feel so heavy. =) I send happy songs to all y'all. Enjoy life.

5 comments:
If I ever said I hated you for liking rain and cloudy weather, I apologize. Most sincerely.
I hate being sick, and the only thing that makes it bearable is having my awesome hubby take care of me. Sooooooo glad John takes such good care of you! :-)
Hope you are all better soon.
And I too, LOVE the rain. Just love thinking of cozying up with a good book while the rain just pelts outside my window.
I know what you mean about the "crave to clean" feeling when things get knee deep in mess. My toddler must be a lot like your Johnny, ;)
And I like your attitude about rain. I'll have to remember about Gene Kelly next time a blustery day is getting me down!
I was reading some other posts and realized I must've missed some - when did Zoe join the family?!? We need to talk!
Poet - No worries, babe. You wouldn't be the only one. xD And our friendship goes way beyond such things. :)
Jiles - Me, too! And I miss you!
Emmers - Same here! Rain ups the cozy factor so much! =D I miss cozying wif you.
Jen - We SO need to talk! For some reason when my friends have babies at home I'm certain I will wake them up when I call or I'll wake up the Mama that finally got to sleep. Lol! I will definitely call you soon! *hugs*
Post a Comment