Monday, August 23, 2010

Please say we've reached the cool down stage! xD

So, due to the extra few pounds that have taken up residence on my person I started working out a couple of weeks ago. Also because doctors keep saying it helps with anxiety, depression, and hypoglycemia... so I really should be doing it. xD
I'm getting tired. Hahaha. I had been working out at the gym for the first couple of weeks and running on the elliptical machine and lifting weights. It's always fun to have everyone else see you dripping with sweat and red in the face killing yourself on a machine while they read and walk on the treadmill. Once I thought I was ready, I started my good ol' Denise Austin kickboxing workout. Yeah, she's peppy and such, and her workout kicks me around the room. -.- I lost weight using this workout before, so I've got faith in it. And when you have sweat in your eyes and dripping from your ponytail (I know...) and you want to just collapse on the floor there and curse Denise's birth she'll say you can do it and she's proud of you and you suddenly love her so much cause all the other people around (me and Miles... and that kitty's expression says, "You look like a plain foo', Mama.") don't think I can do it. Hahaha. So her support is important. lol
I'm not keeping track of pounds. I'm just going with how my body looks and feels and how many pairs of pants I can wear. (Most women have their skinny clothes and fat clothes... except the ones that are always skinny. To those I stick my tongue out at due to poor sportsmanship... xD ) I really do get more energy out of it. You know, after the cool shower and after the breathing becomes mostly normal again. I feel a lift in my mood. I do feel very sore and my knees are wondering what on earth they did to deserve this. And in the evenings I feel quite tired, but I feel like that's good. It's nice to have actually DONE something during the day. I get a sense of accomplishment from it and I feel proud of myself for working out even if I feel icky and don't want to do it. I'm looking into getting some more Denise Austin workouts because the main thing to do is keep the body guessing, so a few different types of exercise would help me accomplish that well.
So, that's what I've been focusing on lately. I try to have a schedule to the day. Laundry is always around sneering at me, dishes cackling from the kitchen, so there's plenty for me to attack the rest of the day. ;)

3 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

Ah, Denise...her workouts kick my trash. Seriously, the first time I did one of her "daily dozen" routines I thought I was going to die of soreness the next day. I'm excited for you, though...I don't think you need it, but if it gives you more energy and makes you feel better about stuff, then I say keep at it. :-)

Maren said...

I wish I could work out at home everyday. But the people who live under me might not like it. I have to go to the gym. blah way to go Christine, that is awesome!

Emily said...

Ok, so this was a well written and seriously funny post. Denise does have some serious pep and is always saying warm and fuzzy things that seem to move the work out right along! :)