A few weeks back, I went to visit my Chemistry teacher to see if he could extend a few homework deadlines for me. I told him about our stressful situation and that I just needed a little help. I had a sinus infection, so I was all stuffed up (this is important). He gave me some extra time for the assignments I needed and gave me some encouragement.
The next day, I attended lecture as usual. After class I started walking across the room and my professor kind of pounced forward, saying, "Christine!" He explained to me that while I was there he was thinking, "This girl is really sick. Like sick. She is just passing gas in my office! Whew!" (!) I turned bright red -- there were like 30 students standing around waiting for his attention and listening. He continued, "But then I found out later that in the lab below my office they were doing some experiments involving methane gas! They were treating cow manure! I told the guy in charge of it how I had thought it was you, and he pointed out, 'That student probably thought it was you!'"
He thought it was me!!!
"I am going to be telling this story for years! This is just so hilarious!" he finished and I attempted a laugh and then went on my way. I honestly hadn't smelled anything, due to my stuffiness, so I had no idea. Gah!
Well, in time I came to think it was funny, too. So, the last day of classes I got some air freshener spray. I put a sticky note on it that said, "For my next visit..." and left it in a bag on his door handle. I didn't put my name on it, but I had a feeling he'd know who left it for him. I snuck back later and stuck my head in the open office door.
"I knew it was you!!! Oh, I was laughing my guts out! You are awesome!" :) So, he thought it was funny, too. It made the last day so fun. *sigh* Shows that having a sense of humor can make life easier. And I'm pretty sure he'll remember me for a long time.
The next day, I attended lecture as usual. After class I started walking across the room and my professor kind of pounced forward, saying, "Christine!" He explained to me that while I was there he was thinking, "This girl is really sick. Like sick. She is just passing gas in my office! Whew!" (!) I turned bright red -- there were like 30 students standing around waiting for his attention and listening. He continued, "But then I found out later that in the lab below my office they were doing some experiments involving methane gas! They were treating cow manure! I told the guy in charge of it how I had thought it was you, and he pointed out, 'That student probably thought it was you!'"
He thought it was me!!!
"I am going to be telling this story for years! This is just so hilarious!" he finished and I attempted a laugh and then went on my way. I honestly hadn't smelled anything, due to my stuffiness, so I had no idea. Gah!
Well, in time I came to think it was funny, too. So, the last day of classes I got some air freshener spray. I put a sticky note on it that said, "For my next visit..." and left it in a bag on his door handle. I didn't put my name on it, but I had a feeling he'd know who left it for him. I snuck back later and stuck my head in the open office door.
"I knew it was you!!! Oh, I was laughing my guts out! You are awesome!" :) So, he thought it was funny, too. It made the last day so fun. *sigh* Shows that having a sense of humor can make life easier. And I'm pretty sure he'll remember me for a long time.


4 comments:
One of the best stories ever.
Ahem. . . . .Guess what! I have Guitar Hero! And 2, count them, 2 guitars! So, you are needing to come over and play all 4 of my games now. You can bring your boy to keep The Man entertained.
You have been told ;p
That is seriously the best...had me laughing out loud.
Ditto, and that is totally awesome!!!!
Post a Comment