The semester is finished! No more class for a few days! Ah, finally time to... to... hm. What was it I used to do? I DON'T KNOW! It's like I don't know how to do other stuff. *forlorn little smile*If my piano were here, I'd have sunk into some new age song with its many notes and gotten lost there. But, pianos and apartments are difficult to swing, so my baby is at my parents' house and it almost feels like I "used to play."
I have plans to scrapbook tonight or tomorrow. I have a bunch of pictures that need to be added to the binder with teeth marks all over it. So, that will be fun. I'll be starting the dreaded Calculus 2 class in a few days, so one little project would be about right to fill the time until I go back to being the girl who lost her hobbies. ;)
We received our tax returns the past week, which has helped us out a lot, and the army *should* be transferring John's bonus into the bank in the next few days. We are sorting through the need-to-do-when-the-army-finally-pays-us list: fix the car window so John doesn't have to open the door at the drive-thru, get new glasses for both of us (especially John; he's been wearing the big brown '60s glasses from basic training), take Miley to the vet, get a new camera (preferably digital), and get a new DVD player because another one is breaking. It will be good to be able to take care of some things. =)
So, my dad went gray in his late 20s/early 30s and my mom went gray like 2 years ago. Guess which one I'm taking after? That's right. My dad. Only my hairs are luminously white like my great grandmother. So if I put my cute pink clippies in my hair, I usually find a couple of white hairs -- meaning they hit me in the eye and I wonder what on earth is in my hair. Until I realize, oh, wait, IT'S MY HAIR! I am somewhat traumatized by this. I am considering dyeing it to avoid feeling like I've lost all my charms before 30. So, I'm deciding if I should go to the salon or pick up a little box with a really happy looking girl with great hair on the front. I've never treated my hair in any way: no coloring, no perms, no nothing. Every time I'd talk to my stylist about my color, she'd tell me that mine is gorgeous with a hint of red (I don't see it) and that everyone wants it, so I keep it. But, now this could override that and the world of possibilities has opened before me. I devilishly looked at an auburn hair sample at the store today, wondering if I dare. (See above picture that could maybe be me... if I dare.) Suggestions welcome. I can't do pink or anything, though because of my school's dumb ol' dress and grooming standards.
So, yes. Things are looking up in finances and there could be new hair adventures ahead. See you at the next meeting. ;)

3 comments:
Okay, here's my tips, from years of experience (been dying my hair since high school):
1. Since you do have such a gorgeous color, I don't think you should dye it until other people can actually see the gray, not just you (but that's my opinion).
2. Gray hair is harder to dye. It's coarser, and dryer. Therefore, go to the salon to get your hair done. Make sure to go to a good one (not Great Clips). They will be able use the correct chemicals to make sure the dye takes to the gray hair, and mix the right colors together to get the shade you want.
3. If you want to go that shade of red as in the picture, you will probably have to bleach your hair first. With how dark your hair is, going a lighter red color may be difficult, ESPECIALLY if you do an at home dye (again, I do not recommend this). It could turn orange instead. Also, going lighter is much harsher on your hair.
4. Personally, I would stick to dark shades, close to your natural color, until your hair is "used" to being dyed. Definitely lighten your hair gradually, over a long period time, to cut down on the damage done. If you don't, you will find a LOT of your hair breaking off.
5. You will have to use different shampoo and conditioner (that is especially important), ones made for colored hair. They help keep moisture in.
6. I can not stress it enough: GO TO THE SALON. Trust me, it turns out so much better.
There, I think I'm done. If you want help picking out a color, invite me! I love doing this kind of thing! And I know 2 really good beauticians that would be able to do a great job on your hair, and you wouldn't even have to go to a salon to get it done.
Well, I have several gray hairs myself (which I ALSO get from my dad, who was gray by the time he was 30...sigh...) and I've been able to successfully hide them w/dye from the store--I like the Loreal Preference stuff. :-) As for what color you should do, I think your color is beautiful but I'm also a fan of going wild and crazy colors (so far purple is my favorite) so I'm probably the wrong person to be giving you advice lol.
Ha ha, ahm...I don't know if I could handle you going red...that would just be weird ;} Personally, from watching my aunt and mother, if it's really bugging you, get a box- maybe a black rinse or something, maybe dark brown. There's so many different hues! I just can't handle $50 for a hair job...which is why mine STILL isn't highlighted or anything. I'm cheap. :) Marne goes salon, but frequently does it herself. Have fun!
Post a Comment