Monday, March 2, 2009

The Masked Marvel... sort of

Well, life keeps rolling by and I'm trying to make sure it takes me with it! I went to the doctor today, thinking I'd gone into a sinus infection. After checking in, I was asked to please wear a mask. ... Bright red beneath the mask, I decided to stand to the side in the waiting room. Since the seated sickies had all cringed away from me, I put myself in exile. Johnny stood there with his arm around me, too. :) One kid actually did a double-take when he saw me and walked to the farthest side of the room from me and took a seat. John and I actually started joking to each other about it, rating the frightened reactions to my mask. I can't say I blame them. But, I gained more understanding for what it must feel like to be a leper. And I do have a sinus infection, by the way. Doctors are merely medicine machines for me, as far as that goes.
So, I'm working on catching up in school and resting. My antibiotics could make me pretty sick with side effects, but I'll just have to ignore them. Johnny's looking for a job, still optimistic and upbeat. Miles has calmed down a lot since his daddy came home. He actually takes time to groom his toys again (yes, he gives his furry and feathery toys little baths -- it's adora-frickin'-ble). We're just living our little life as mornings and evenings come and go. We watch some As Time Goes By or Bleach together when my homework fuel runs out.
I've gotta tell you, I'm pretty happy. :) Even if I was a harbinger of plague today.

2 comments:

Jiles The Great said...

Woah, they made you wear a mask? Random. Hope you feel better soon!

wisp said...

Yes! And the sad thing is that I was probably the only one there that wasn't contagious. *shakes head*
Oh, and I still owe you cake, by the way, Jiles.