So, March is the month of birthdays! My niece, my nephew, both my parents, two of John's siblings, and several of our friends have birthdays this month. This pleases me. :) It makes for much cake and ice cream and get-togethers. My dad always insists that we don't give him any presents. But, we got around him by giving him a giant grapefruit! Ha ha! (Hey, he likes them. And I have to be pretty sneaky with my dad. He disapproves of money being spent on him.) For my actual day of birth, my Chemistry teacher had extended the test deadline so that I didn't have to take it that day. Yay! So, we went to my parents for dinner that night. Nothing too crazy, just happy. My parents had given me my next needed season of As Time Goes By, my favorite British series (Judy Dench, my friends). And of course there was the gleeful day of the rock show that I'm still recovering from. I'll be in mourning for some of the rocks, minerals, and fossils that could not be mine (pretty much all of them).I ended up taking my Chemistry test on Friday - with a fever, blast it - and ended up with a 93%! I'm so happy! I haven't gotten above a 75% on a chem. test in college. Pitiful, I know. But, now, I'm finally getting it!!! (In my defense, my 105 teacher decided to teach spontaneity and the molecular orbit (MO) theory in 105 instead of sticking to the curriculum. She taught those instead of simpler things I was actually supposed to learn about in 105, like the solubility constant for instance!) So, I will be pretty chipper for several more days because of my score. I think I just learned how to study Chemistry at last, to be honest.
Earlier this month was my buddy David's birthday and we went to his party. A bunch of my old high school friends were there and we played a lot of the old band songs from back in the day. It was rockin'. I had so much fun. We're not even sure why we haven't all been hanging out before. I'm hoping that it becomes a more frequent occurrence, cause I seriously love those guys.
And last night we watched the most recent Indiana Jones with my dad for his birthday. I hadn't seen it yet. I will give them kudos for all of the throwbacks to the earlier films. But, the ants were a little too much for me. People watch nature and the discovery channel now. You can't just have ants haul a guy down into their hill and expect people to think it's cool now. And I don't believe you can "cut across the grain" in quartz as Indy was saying; quartz is a rock, not glass, it doesn't shatter. And my gosh, Dr. Jones, did you just say "nukyular blast?" All in all, it was entertaining enough, but I warn you all, I'll ruin your science movies by making fun of them, which is more enjoyable to me. (sorry.)
The month is almost over now. Most of the birthdays are past and Johnny's birthday month approaches. No job yet, no news about unemployment, haven't gotten John's bonus from the guard or the tax returns yet, and, yes, we're pretty nervous. But, we're not giving up. We'll figure it all out and we'll be okay again. (But, if you could drop a hint for us in your prayers, we wouldn't mind.)

3 comments:
Oh! More As Time Goes By! It is a cozy show, isn't it? I tried to call you tonight...it was busy. I'll try again on Monday.
What a happy post! Glad you're doing well, having fun and keeping faith! It'll work out, sometime! I love the grapefruit idea, that's awesome! And really, isn't making fun of movies fun? ttys!
As Time Goes By IS the coziest show! I was probably on the phone with my mom, Emmy. Sorry! I need to get my call waiting activated cause I think I'm supposed to have it.
I'll be making fun of movies this weekend for extra credit for Geology! (Volcano or Dante's Peak or Journey to the Center of the Earth and such.) It'll be great! *That last sentence was in a Scottish accent.*
Post a Comment