Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy day!

My birthday's coming up this week, so Saturday Johnny decided to take me to a Rock, Gem, and Mineral show nearby. I was really excited about it, and my eagerness was greatly rewarded! There was so much from the realm of awesomeness there! Pyritized ammonites, permineralized ammonites, crinoids, opalites, dinosaur footprints, geodes galore, minerals in their crystal structure, mososaur teeth, orthoceras fossils, petrified wood of so many varieties, and I could tell you forever. I wanted everything in the room! Johnny kept telling me to slow down, but I just couldn't stop flitting about gasping. Many of the things I longed for were far and away above my price range, but just seeing them in real life was enough. And this little old man from Richfield showed me some awesome crinoids and petrified wood of his. He has the largest crinoids ever sent to the U.S. and he is the sole posessor of a rare petrified wood that was blue and white. The crinoids are in his museum in Richfield, and he told us we should come down there. (Indeed!) Johnny ended up getting me some birthday presents there. *giddy smile* A little geode slice, a giant geode slice, a small geode half, and an amazing ammonite with a very pronounced suture pattern. I've never seen such a good specimen, even at the University I attend. And a man I made friends with at the little old man's exhibit gave me some petrified iron wood. =) I was hyperactive for a couple of hours afterward. I've forced everyone I've seen since to look at my rocks (and fossil!).
We had gone pants-shopping with my brother earlier in the day and then we got to hang out with some good friends that evening, so it was a full, happy day! And today I got to see my sister, nieces, and nephew! We had a big family dinner with my sister's boyfriend and my oldest niece's boyfriend and had lots of fun. We played games after eating and laughed a lot.
I didn't get a whole lot of homework done, but I'm not sorry. I finished my chemistry assignments and did some T. rex reading, so I feel like I did enough for now. Sometimes ya gotta just breathe. I've had a very happy weekend! And, even though I have 4 pages of my research due and a test on my birthday, it's going to be great!!! 27 and ready for another year with my Johnny! (And my rocks!)

4 comments:

Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! What a fun early bday party for you. I will call you later today...hopefully you aren't in the testing center. :)

wisp said...

My teacher gave us a couple of extra days! Everything is going my way today! :)

Di said...

Haven't I been telling you you need to come to Richfield??? :) You have a place to stay when you get here! Glad you had such a great time, I confess when you said you went to a Rock show my first thought wasn't rocks... I shoulda known! ;)

wisp said...

lol! Well, Di, I will definitely need to head to Richfield soon! We're not sure when -- after things get a little more defined in our lives. :) And on a sunny day!!!