And some snowiness has arrived. I'm excited for that because it means: Christmas is comin'! But I also love the coziness of winter. It brings with it the need for hot soup and fragrant bread. Cinnamon rolls. Christmas songs! (It's a nice break from the themes "love is great" or "love sucks," now, isn't it?)
When John was little (and he'll freak out when he sees this *evil grin*) he put on his snow pants and winter coat and hat and I think a scarf and went out in the middle of summer and started jumping on the trampoline, chanting, "I'm ready for wintertime! I'm ready for wintertime!" I love that story. Sometimes that happy little boy peeks out of my Johnny's eyes when he opens an exciting present or tastes something yummy.
When we were engaged we made a snowman in the backyard of where he was staying. We put giant sticks for arms on it and a big bucket on its head for a hat. And of course we had a snowball fight which turned into an illegal tackle on John's part (and some kissin' *heehee*).
I always spoil him like crazy at Christmas. The cutest thing about him at Christmas is that he can't wait to sneakily buy my presents. He'll see me like something and announce he's buying it for Christmas. Now he's gotten so he'll send me to a different area and buy "something" somewhat sneakily. He's so funny.
So, besides having cuddly memories, snowiness brings warm sweateriness and hot chocolatiness that makes me want to put on those giant fuzzy socks of obnoxious colors and watch a sweet movie. And force Miles to lay on my lap. (For a minute.) And there's something about the musty smell of the heater running for the first time of the year.
Good times.
When John was little (and he'll freak out when he sees this *evil grin*) he put on his snow pants and winter coat and hat and I think a scarf and went out in the middle of summer and started jumping on the trampoline, chanting, "I'm ready for wintertime! I'm ready for wintertime!" I love that story. Sometimes that happy little boy peeks out of my Johnny's eyes when he opens an exciting present or tastes something yummy.
When we were engaged we made a snowman in the backyard of where he was staying. We put giant sticks for arms on it and a big bucket on its head for a hat. And of course we had a snowball fight which turned into an illegal tackle on John's part (and some kissin' *heehee*).
I always spoil him like crazy at Christmas. The cutest thing about him at Christmas is that he can't wait to sneakily buy my presents. He'll see me like something and announce he's buying it for Christmas. Now he's gotten so he'll send me to a different area and buy "something" somewhat sneakily. He's so funny.
So, besides having cuddly memories, snowiness brings warm sweateriness and hot chocolatiness that makes me want to put on those giant fuzzy socks of obnoxious colors and watch a sweet movie. And force Miles to lay on my lap. (For a minute.) And there's something about the musty smell of the heater running for the first time of the year.
Good times.


4 comments:
I LOVE that story. It always makes me giggle. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Now all I wanna do is go put on my sweats, my warm socks, put in a movie and cuddle. :) jr
Aaaah....I liked that post a lot. I can just picture Miles "cuddling" on your lap!
I'm glad I'm not the only one- I'm drinking cocoa and ready to start wrapping Christmas presents!
just envisioning your evil grin- and John's sheepish "I can't believe you really posted that story I'm going to get you back" look. miss you!
Post a Comment