Friday, November 21, 2008

I think I'll be a kitty this weekend.

Wow! The past few weeks have been crazy. Tests and papers and labs and such. I got 40% on my Chemistry test. A new record for my lowest score of all time. The class average was so low my professor won't tell us. She's giving partial credit for "close" answers, so the average will be 65% (an F) after she adds points. But, then I got my Calculus test back with 92%. Eh? Who knows. But, I'm celebrating in my math score and I'll just deal with whatever happens in Chemistry. If I end up taking it twice, I will just be really good at it by the time I'm done. I'm happy it's the weekend, that's for sure.
Johnny went to the military dentist and found out that the people who took out his wisdom teeth left a root behind... and now he probably has a large cyst because of it and will definitely have mouth surgery before he's done with AIT. We also learned that the company he drives for might be going under and he might not have a job when he gets home. But, he is still incredibly chipper, despite his crappy luck. ;) Right now we don't care about that stuff. We just want to be together. Everything will be alright as long as we're together.
Some good news: the car accident from April is almost resolved! The other car's insurance and I have come to an agreement and settlement. It's quite a favorable settlement, too. But I'm still nervous about signing that paper that releases everything. Since this started signing anything makes me nervous. I'm glad it will finally be over. It's been hard, but it brought John and I closer together. You never know when one day some chick will run a red light and change your lives. And if John had been going a little faster, my life would have changed a lot.
So, this weekend I just want to curl up in a warm blanket, cuddle with Miles (he's a gray kitty and I'm a white kitty-at-heart), soothe my sinus infection, and let a few things melt away. It's not every week you feel like an idiot and a genius within a couple of days. It's kind of draining. So, a cat's life for me this weekend. Nibbling, napping, and... something else that starts with an N. Ninja-style playing!
Highlight of the week: I get to keep my conodonts! Won't that be a great conversation starter? (And they were Pennsylvanian, by the way.) I'll need to find a place to display them. Well, my resting time is about to start (Ghosthunters here I come).
Let the weekend begin!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Kitty time sounds great! So, your attitude is good about Chemistry. I'm sure your math score helps soothe any woes! That is GREAT!!!
ps- Trent will be interested to hear about John's mouth deal.

wisp said...

Good news! With the partial credit added, now I have 52% on my Chemistry test!