Thursday, August 28, 2008

Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide...


Well, Johnny gave me a song on his blog for me to have while he's gone (see the link along the side for the blog Requiem for the Underpaid), so I naturally need to give him one, too, to take with him.

I never knew I could feel like this--
Like I'd never seen the sky before.
I want to vanish inside your kiss.
Every day I love you more and more.
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sing?
Telling me to give you everything.
Seasons may change winter to spring.
But, I love you until the end of time.
Come what may. Come what may.
I will love you until my dying day.

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place;
suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace.
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste.
It all revolves around you.
And there's no mountain too high, no river too wide,
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side.
Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide,
But, I love you until the end of time.
Come what may. Come what may.
I will love you until my dying day.
Oh, come what may. Come what may.
I will love you.
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place...
Come what may. Come what may.
I will love you until my dying day.
--from Moulin Rouge the motion picture

My friend, Foxx, showed me this movie a long time ago. I distinctly remember thinking, "No one will ever love me that much." But, someone does. And I love him that much. So, Johnny, 3 days left. Come what may, my love. Come what may.

3 comments:

Spyder said...

Come what may. Even if it *is* my severe lack of preparation, or at least it seems that way. Thank you for allowing me to do this. I know it hasn't been easy on you, you've had so much to deal with. I love you more that I could ever express. I don't deserve someone so wonderful. Thank you, sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Wisp - Seeing as Spyder doesn't really communicate, please let me know what the story is. You mentioned three days - has he left? I hope he communicated that we want you to stay in touch with us, let us know necessary phone #'s, addresses, etc., and of course how he's doing. Know that we love you and care about you. You're welcome here anytime while you wait for the shining knight's return.... dad & Angel

wisp said...

He's always been the Spyder in the corner. He keeps his distance, but his web goes everywhere. I don't think he realizes it, but he tries to keep people's expectations low because he is so afraid of letting people down. That way if he loses touch for a while it's less surprising and doesn't hurt as much. He always does intend to contact people, just "soon" doesn't seem to turn into "now" very easily. I know he loves you very much. He always tells me things he learned from you even when you weren't teaching. Mainly it seems like he doesn't know how to be the person he is now around his family because he knows he's different now. He's still reinventing himself as a soldier. The army doesn't know about ADD or his past or any of that. One sergeant told him how dependable he is. I guess he's realizing who he is inside is an alright guy. He'll get better at keeping in touch. He's just learning how to stop being the Spyder in the corner and be the soldier in the middle of the room.
I take him to the hotel on Monday and say goodbye and he'll fly out on the 2nd while I go to the first day of school.
Oh, and I'll keep in touch, too. :)