I know I just posted a giant post yesterday, but I had to let you all know that today is our fifth anniversary! Five years ago we were both really nervous at this time and scrambling to get ready for the day. We got married in the afternoon on what I think was a Friday. John threw up because he was so nervous. Neither of us had realized that people would be staring at us while we got married. We had a reception that night that felt like it took forever. We'd made a reservation at a bed and breakfast for that night, but it was closing in on 9 pm when we finally got away from the reception. We didn't even get to eat dinner. And my wedding dress's bustle had murdered my back! Now we say we'd make it simpler and shorter -- and we'd have gotten food. But, the core of that day was that I chose to be with this sweet boy with gold eyes for the rest of my life. I never could figure out why he loves me so much. I really don't deserve him. I know that. He's the best thing that ever happened to me. It's just gotten stronger over these 5 years. It's like we breathe together. Our hearts grew into one a long time ago, and I can feel every beat. And he's leaving in a couple of weeks and it gives a small sting to the day. But, you know, I never want to take it for granted. We'll just get stronger the next few months. Let life try to tear us apart; bring it on. What's wrong with having to fight a little for us, anyway? This is what I meant when I said I'd do anything for him five years ago. I'll let him follow a dream that scares the shit out of me and I'll wait for him while he does it. I really meant it. Here's to another five. The last five have been full of sparkle and sun. Luvu, baby. And thanks.
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago

1 comment:
I love you too, sweetheart. Every minute.
Post a Comment