So, I guess there's a possibility that I could be hypoglycemic. My little brother is and my older brother is borderline, according to his doctor. I think I might also be borderline. My problem is that when I wait too long to eat I get sick. I get a headache and dizzy and tired (and fairly mean *sorry*) and it's like I hit some kind of slump and just want to lay down, which doesn't help. Only eating helps. Yesterday I was pale and shaky and tired (circle all of the above), but after I ate I was fine again. My little brother thinks it's very possible that I could have the same problem. He was given a list of foods he should eat and was told that he should be careful with how much sugar he eats. I've been trying to eat better and eat more healthy. I love cooking, but when I'm cooking just for me I have a hard time being motivated. Especially if I could use our ingredients to make dinner for the two of us. Well, Johnny is leaving in a few weeks and then most of my meals will be just for me. So, if anyone that reads this odd little blog has any suggestions for things that are healthy to make for one person, I'd appreciate it. Cause, I gotta tell you, I am so sick of freezer food. And I won't have the cash to eat out a lot (and that would get old fast, as well). I'm actually fairly weak and hungry right now, but I tell myself I'll just wait for Johnny and eat with him. I should have noticed something before. I was annorexic in high school (idiotically) and I thought that my body just rebelled and would act up if I waited too long to give it food. Even John has conceded it's a possibility. I haven't seen a doctor about it. I'm hoping that I'm just borderline like my older brother, since my problems aren't as severe as my little brother's. He's been having a hard time with it. I'll try to eat healthier and more regularly to see if I feel better. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, folks.
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago


4 comments:
Would you like me to see if my lectures have any specifics for hypoglycemia? We kind of sort of studied the symptoms, I don't remember what food they recommended for it. As for recipes, are you looking for anything specific, are there some foods that make you feel better than others, etc.? I do have an old cookbook called "Where's Mom Now That I Need Her" that has small 1-2 person recipes in it, but I don't know how healthy they are. You can come over and look at them anytime you want.
Thanks. I am trying to use as many fresh ingredients as I can. Things with more vegetables in them seem to help me a lot. I'll need to come over and look at those recipes. I having been toying around with different kinds of quesadillas using different cheeses and veggies and meats. It's pretty fun.
Oh fun for you! Tom can relate- he's hypoglycemic also! He gets GRUMPY if he's waited too long to eat. Also the headache, shaky...etc. I think (might be wrong) his mom told him protein helps quickly...(she's hypogly too) Tom keeps lots of snacks at work in his desk ie: chips, pretzals, crackers, goldfish(crackers) granola bars, trailmix jerky when I get if for him.... etc. You should swap tips, and I'd love some of your fun recipes for it! I think he's borderline too- but we need to start eating better anyway, I don't want it to get worse!
Yeah, you probably weren't surprised -- you've seen me pretty GRUMPY, too. (heh heh) I've actually found that a lot of the Rachael Ray recipes are very healthy. It can be more expensive that way, though. Protein does help a lot, especially for snacks. My problem is that I usually wait too long to eat, then get shaky and dizzy and tired and lay down and John will make me eat when he gets home. But, since Johnny will not be coming home for 20 weeks or so, I'd better get self-disciplined.
Post a Comment