It's been a while since I've written, I've been enjoying having Johnny home again. ^_^ He also brought a cold home that went into a sinus infection for me (this always happens, I've accepted it - lol) which seems to have come back again even after a round of strong antibiotics. v.v I also have been having some kind of kidney/urinary tract problems (I guess I'm really connected to Miles or something, lol) and have been seeing a specialist and having tests. John has also needed to go to see different doctors because of his heat stroke (they are keeping track of how well his brain is recovering - he's been having some memory problems - and they also are keeping an eye on his kidneys and liver to make sure they are functioning properly). Those appointments combined with Miles's vet appointments and the the schedule of medications and feedings he's on at home have been pretty time consuming. x.x Even early this morning we were cleaning up vomit and holding the kitty down for the shot that stings a lot but controls the nausea, so we are being low key today because we are tired. lol
We've been adjusting to being together again pretty well. :) It has been an adjustment getting used to sharing the car again, though. x.x But, John's superiors are very accommodating about my doctor appointments and Miles's vet appointments. =) I'm also getting used to the sudden influx of dishes and laundry. xD We're working on those mountains today, actually. It's been really fun to have someone to work out with and eat dinner with and stuff. Johnny's even more awesome than I remembered. :3 Part of me does seem to keep trying to keep him at a distance emotionally sometimes, though. It takes me some time to let myself be vulnerable and need him again. Because I know he'll have to leave again sometime in the future and it makes me afraid for it to be so hard again and this logical voice in my head tells me to just stay distant emotionally so that it won't hurt so much ever again. But, we're working through it. It happens every time we've been apart. And yet it still surprises me every time. lol
We've also been fairly unsocial. Trying to figure out just our own little sphere of life has been tricky and trying to include other people in it has been a bit of an afterthought, sadly. So, if we've been ignoring you... we're sorry. v.v It's been nice to just chill at home together. And take naps with the kitties cuddling us. :3 Cat naps with cats is one of the happiest things ever. ^_^
We've been watching through Season 5 of The Big Bang Theory to get ready for the new season to start this week. =D I love that show. So many of my science and scifi heroes have been on it as guests. Neil deGrasse Tyson, LeVar Burton, and George Takei to name a few. :) And they also allude to Richard Feynman, Carl Sagan, and other such awesome people. It makes me so happy. =)
And here is some epic Zoe cuteness to end on. ;)
I had my pillows out on the couch while Johnny and I were watching a movie or something over the weekend and she tucked herself into the bed for a nap! :3 One of my favorite pictures. =)
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago


2 comments:
The Big Bang Theory...LOVE IT!!! Sheldon...sigh...lol. We are the same! Luv you!
So glad you and the Johnny are back together, and can enjoy all the mundane moments of life - naps, washing dishes, etc. I think we all need to savor those moments more, time goes so fast!
Post a Comment