Well, my Johnnybear has come home from Afghanistan and I am so relieved and happy about it. =) Not long before he started his journey back home he became very sick with heat stroke. So sick that he almost died. His core temperature was up to 107.5 degrees Fahrenheit. I didn't know how serious it had been until after he was home and let me know the details about it. I'm so grateful that he's alright. The medics he works with were there to take care of him and bring his temperature down and help him recover. He'll need to be careful for a while, but we're both just thankful that he's alright.
John arrived home on the evening of the 5th. I apologize for not updating my blog for so long. I was lost in the happy. :3 Miles and Zoe reacted very well to Daddy coming home. They didn't hiss or growl or act like they didn't know him, which was a relief. John has had some reintegration classes and inprocessing to do every day and Miles has been having more problems so we've been to the vet a few times for him. His body has continued to struggle and we've had to give him more medicines to regulate things. Poor little bear. :(
Yesterday was our 9th anniversary! =D We had a simple day. John didn't have to be at his classes very long in the morning, which was happy, and then we just enjoyed spending the day together. We had a lovely dinner at a local Indian restaurant. :) We got some yummy fish curry and lamb kheema with some naan bread for dinner and some glorious gulab jamun and kheer for dessert. Indian food has long been one of our loves and it makes us feel so cozy and happy. =) Then we came home and checked on the kitties and fed them and then did a little shopping at the commissary. A very simple, not fancy anniversary, but just what we needed. ^_^ It was very happy.
So, we're all just getting used to being together again. :) It's always a pleasant surprise how much we both stay the same. There are some differences in what we do but there aren't differences in who we are, if that makes sense. The main adjustments are just in working our schedules together now. Having someone here to help with Miley's medications, shots, and subQ fluids is such a relief! Even though I'm still doing most of the work and teaching Johnny how, it is a relief to just have someone there with me. Someone to hug after giving Miles a painful shot. It's so much less stress for me. Usually I'd give Miles the shot and he would jerk around and hiss from the pain - because the fluid being injected into him stings inside - and then I would hug him and cry and tell him how sorry I am I have to do it. Now we can all hug and it's not so scary or so difficult. I'm very glad that I'm not alone any longer. John can help make the decisions with me. Things are beginning to feel okay again. We're so glad we can all be together as a family again for the twilight of Miles's time with us. We now know that it is both of his kidneys that are affected by the disease. So, he is not going to recover. But, we are going to make him as comfortable as we can and love him as much as possible for as long as we can. We have been so lucky to have this sweet little soul in our family. Miles has changed everything about me. He truly has been a son to us. We don't know how long he'll have, though it won't be long-term according to one of the vets we work with. But, it will be sweet and loving, we know that. :)
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago



4 comments:
So glad your honey is okay! 107.5 degree fever, wow, he's so fortunate he's okay now. And please pass our THANKS to him for service to our great country, and high five to you too! That last picture of you and your cat is great, your cat looks like he's saying "How are YOU doing?" or "Bet you wish you are me right now."
"Lost in the happy"...that's gotta be the best place ;-)
Sigh...such a happy time for you guys. Together is the best. Tell John congrats for a job well done and tell you that I'm in awe with your independence and bravery for so long by yourself.
Oh I'm soo glad that he is back home!! And that you guys got to celebrate your anniversary together! :) Love & miss you guys!
Post a Comment