Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some things I love and updates.

Music is always there for me. =)  I love that.  If I'm not quite happy yet, I play a song that gets me there.  ^_^  I'm listening to some fun New Orleans style jazz with that sweet clarinet and some crooning trumpet...  Yeah, baby. =D  Peter Fountain has become one of my favorite musicians of all time. :)
 And then, of course, Louis is my favorite on the trumpet.  He's one of those artists that you can just TELL if it's him.
 ^_^  I love me some Louis.
Speaking of things I love, there was another cooking competition on Food Network that I've been enjoying.  The Rachael vs. Guy Celebrity Cook-Off.  There were a bunch of celebrities, but my favorite was Lou Diamond Phillips.  (Yum.)  And he won!  Yay!
Coolio - yes, Coolio - came in second.  It was an awesome competition to watch.  Love love love!
I've been in a cooking mood again lately and have made two new dishes (to me) that turned out very well.  Fettuccine with Prosciutto and Peas - an Emeril Lagasse recipe that was remarkably simple and as delicious as his recipes always are.  And Orecciette with Crab - a Rachael Ray recipe that had a gorgeous blend of flavors.  It was my first time cooking with lump crab meat (I will get better at finding pieces of shell before adding the crab - it's pretty tricky!) and also with tarragon, which I now adore!  It lent itself beautifully to the cream sauce and all the flavors blended delicately together for a wonderful dish.  Yay!  I've been freezing the leftovers of everything I make in portion sizes in my freezer and just choose what I want the next day the night ahead and put it in the fridge to defrost. =D  It's a good system for one person cooking so far.

Ok, *serious face* here's an update on the dealio: I most likely am dealing with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS).  It is a common infertility issue, affecting about 5% of women, according to the reading material given to me by my OBGYN.  So my hormone levels are messed up, in my case it's probably the progesterone level and not the testosterone level, which is most common.  (This is what the OBGYN told me.  Along with a picture she drew of hormone levels and what they do and such.  xD  It was one of my more entertaining doctor visits.  She told me we know it's not the testosterone level cause I look like a girl. lol)  Also, she explained to me, my body tries to mature several eggs at once instead of just one.  So I end up with a few adolescent eggs instead of one mature egg, so I rarely ovulate on my own.  There are other things that come with the PCOS package, like difficulty losing weight and a higher chance of developing Type II Diabetes. :-\  But, it's alright.  I am going to see if I can see an endocrinologist soon to figure some of that stuff out (my blood sugar levels, especially since I'd thought I was hypoglycemic - the doctor that told me I had it back in Utah felt that there was no need to do the actual blood test *muttermutter* - and to work out what my diet should be like accordingly).  I'll need to see if I can get a referral and such.
  So, what this means for the future: when Johnny gets home, I'll start taking a medication like Clomid and we'll go from there.  We'll have a child of our own or we'll adopt, so either way we'll be a mommy and daddy someday.  Maybe kind of an old mommy and daddy, but still. xD
*removal of serious face, back to dopey happy face* ;)
I found one of my favorite movies on dvd!  It's called Mrs. 'Arris Goes To Paris, starring Angela Lansbury. ^_^  I've wanted it for a long time and I found it and ordered it - amazon.co.uk baby!  The only problem: I realized after ordering it that it will be a region 2 dvd. xD  That's okay, though.  We've been planning on getting a region free player for a while so we can order some of the Japanese films we like, as well.  So, eventually, I'll even get to watch it! Bahahahaha!  I crack myself up sometimes.  It's such a beautiful story.  Mrs. 'Arris is a char woman for different wealthy people and one of them has this gorgeous white and blue dress from the house of Dior.  (I still want this dress.  Like... if I had a money tree there'd be a seamstress hard at work as we speak. lol)  And Mrs. 'Arris loves the dress because it's the most beautiful thing she's ever seen.  So, she decides to save up all her money and work as much as she can so she can get one.  And the movie follows her to Paris and follows her struggles getting the snobby manager to let her - a lower class English woman - have a Dior dress made and also follows the different friendships she makes there.  *le sigh*  It's so good!  You can watch it on youtube, if you want. :)
If you do watch it, you're welcome in advance. ;)

3 comments:

megkuhle said...

Aww that really sucks that you have that!! My friend has that though! & she just went on a NO carb diet & has already lost 10 pounds! She found out because she stopped having a period altogether.. and now it's back so whatever they gave her must be working! But i'm sure it'll all work out in the end! :)

Matthew Neal said...

Wow, I didn't know about your infertility issues. I hope you're able to get some answers soon, and I love your positive, confident outlook on possibly adopting. You will make some lucky little person very happy someday, one way or another!
I'm amazed at your cooking prowess - I have no idea what a lot of the ingredients you mention in your blogs taste like! I really admire you for that.
AND, I'm going to look up that movie on youtube right now - sounds great! Love you!

wisp said...

Megan - I found out the same way but now mine's back, too. lol I've been trying to lose weight for a while, too, and so far I've lost 12 pounds. :D I'm sure everything will work out, too. :)
Jen - I didn't know until just barely, either. lol Thank you so much for your kind words. =) I love you! I hope you like Mrs. 'Arris Goes To Paris! Now that I think of it, it's quite a Jennifer movie. ;)