We're all healthy again! *knocks on wood lol* The kitties have finished the medicines and I have finished mine and we are starting to get a bounce back into our steps. They've decided to keep the same sleeping arrangement that we had while we were sick - both kitties sleep on my lap. Clarification: there is no cuddling between them, however. Miles wanted you all to know. He doesn't do that. ;)
This week I've also stopped taking my anxiety medication (with instruction from my psychiatrist, not just for kicks lol). It worked very well for me, but a side effect of it was that I would clench my jaw and grind my teeth more in my sleep which can cause damage to my teeth and even if I had my dentist make a guard, I would still experience jaw pain and headaches as a result. We even tried adding another kind of anxiety medication and vitamins to the mix to see if that would help and it did at first but once my body adjusted to it, the jaw pain came back. So, we're going to stop taking both of those medications and try something else. So, I'm taking nothing for several days and then I will start the new one and see how things go. The only bad things: withdrawals and then side effects. :\ That's going to be no fun. v.v But, I'm getting so I can function pretty well in spite of them. :)
As you may have seen on the news, there have been riots in Afghanistan this week. I've been able to hear from John a little bit because he can use the internet some while he is at work. However, his personal internet will be unusable for at least a couple of weeks. But, he's safe and alright. I do my best not to panic when I don't hear from him for a while. I do feel the stress of it, but I do my best to stay calm for him and just be here for him when he is able to contact me. :) So, hopefully things will mellow out over there in the near future. I try never to think about what *could* happen. In one of the recent episodes of Downton Abbey, a woman's husband might die and he tells her she needs to face it. She said she'll deal with it if it happens but not before. I feel the same way. I stay positive for now and I will deal with what comes when it gets here. The thing people say to me the most when they find out I am a military spouse is, "I could never do that." Honestly, neither could I. But, somehow I'm doing it, one heartbeat at a time. And I feel every beat. Johnny's worth it. And much more. ;)
Recently I was able to finally acquire Rachel and the Stranger on dvd with Loretta Young, William Holden, and Robert Mitchum. :) It's one of those old west type movies. I don't like that it paints Native Americans as the villains of the movie, though, like so many did back then. It's an unfair representation. But I do like the acting and the way that Rachel's character changes throughout the movie. When I was a kid, I had a little crushes on William Holden and Robert Mitchum. :3 (Especially since William Holden was also in Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn.)
I thought they were dreamy. xD
The scenery in Old West movies like Rachel and the Stranger makes me miss Utah, though. I always thought I wouldn't miss the mountains that much cause I'd been around them so long and I thought I was ready for a change. But all of you that told me I'd miss them were right. xD My debit card has a picture of the mountains on it and often when I pay for something here the cashier will remark on how beautiful it is. =) I also miss not knowing which direction is which! I always used to know according to which mountains were where. I thought I had a good sense of direction, but that wasn't it. xD I couldn't point out west here unless the sun were setting at the time. ;)
Also, one of the sweetest times of the year is upon us: Cadbury Egg Season. ^_^ I love this time of year. Cadbury Eggs are probably my favorite candy of all time. Just perfection wrapped in aluminum foil with chicks printed on it. So, I wish you all happy Cadburies.
Root Beer Cupcakes
1 week ago






2 comments:
So glad you're feeling better! (All of you). My favorite Cadbury eggs are the caramel ones--I have to hide my stash from Mike and the children ;-)
Ooh! The caramel ones are so good, too! =) I am going to need to stock up ASAP. lol
Post a Comment