Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas isn't Christmas without beagles.

Life has been more positive lately. :)  The medicine I've been on has been so good that way.  However, *le sigh* a side effect of it is bruxism, meaning it causes me to clench my jaw a lot in my sleep.  Night guards make me do it more and though my teeth are a little more safe that way, my jaw isn't.  I've started taking calcium, magnesium, and vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) to help alleviate it and my psychiatrist and I decided to lower the dose of my medication, so we'll see if that does better.  So, since I have had some side effects from lowering the dose, the nighttime sleeping is now less nighttime sleeping and more... whenever I can fall asleep sleeping. xD
Johnny and I have been able to chat online more lately.  Almost every day!  We found another site that is easier to use for his internet speed than facebook all the time.  It makes life so much happier. ^_^
I love Christmastime. =)  Even living with just my Hello Kitty slippers and 2 cats.  I still love it.  I also love how much Snoopy is around during Christmas.  Actually, I feel it's just not Christmas without Snoopy.
Growing up, Christmas was awesome. :)  On Christmas Eve, my family would have a finger foods dinner every year.  Cheese ball and crackers, little sandwiches, little sausages, meatballs, veggies and dip, etc.  And then my mom's awesome desserts - fruit cake, wedding cookies, fudge, and so on.  Then off to bed and, in the morning, Brandon would wake everyone up as soon as it was 7 a.m. and we would hurry down to our stockings to see what surprises were inside and then to the Christmas tree to see what Santa had left for us.  And my mom would make sweet rolls for Christmas breakfast (usually she made them ahead of time cause making dough early in the morning is no fun).  I plan on having my own little celebration here and talking to my family on the phone.  I'm going to set up my little pre-lit fake tree sans ornaments (it's safer that way since the cats think I set it up entirely for their climbing pleasure) and I have cartoons and old Christmas movies to watch all day long.  It will be nice and cozy.  And there will be tuna and catnip for the two little furry cuties. :3  I hope all of you are having happy Decembers. :)

No comments: