Well, my Johnny is gone again. But, we had a lovely two weeks. We played a lot of video games and watched a lot of movies and such. =) We ate out a couple of places we'd never been before and got to try fried pickles! =D They are just as wonderful as I expected. So yummy! We will definitely be eating more of them in the future. xD
It was a little difficult that our sleeping schedules were not at all the same so John would fall asleep and then after a few hours of being awake on my own I'd fall asleep and he'd wake up and be on his own for a while until I woke up. But, we made it work. We talked a lot and caught up with each other, noticing little changes about one another. We reveled in quoting Winnie the Pooh together (I am Pooh bear and he is Rabbit and we quote that lunchtime scene where Pooh gets stuck in Rabbit's front door). We watched Frasier and ate cold cereal or Ramen noodles. We went shopping and got me a new jacket and purse. :) Johnny is cute and likes to spoil me. He loved the Wii I got him and played games on it a bunch. He was particularly excited that it can play our Gamecube games and we can download old school games that were originally for the Nintendo, Super Nintendo, or Nintendo 64. We played some Zelda: A Link to the Past and some Super Metroid. ^_^ We played Perfect World International with our online friends on our computers. =)
It went by way too fast. Yesterday I took him to the airport and after he got his ticket all set up we shared a club sandwich at the little restaurant there and talked. Then we hugged tight and I cried a little bit and John fought back his emotion in his manly way and he got in line for security and I left. I wanted to stand there and watch him take his shoes off and all that but then decided not to drag it out. Hahaha. The walk alone out to the car was very hard. I cried the whole way. But people here are used to being around so many soldiers and knew why I was sad. I spent the rest of the day reading and sleeping cause of how stressed I'd been and how little I'd been sleeping before. And this morning I am feeling like I can be strong again. It will be around 36 weeks until we are together again. People tell me it will go fast. It doesn't go fast, though. I feel every minute. But when he gets here it will feel then like it went by fast. He just has that effect. ;) And we chose this path, so I am trying to hold up my end of the deal. :) We have a lot to be thankful for. This is the best job that John's had and he really does enjoy it. He fulfills in his work and that is so wonderful. We have a nice place to live and our neighbors are generally considerate. We don't have to worry about money as much. And by our 9th anniversary we should be together again. He will probably get home right before our anniversary. What a celebration that will be! :D
So, happy Thanksgiving everyone! I've got the DVR ready to record the parades, my Charlie Brown DVD ready to watch, and my turkey t.v. dinner in the freezer. xD I am set! I'll talk to my family on the phone, too, of course. :) And my kitties will get to feast on some tuna, too, which will make this a very happy household. ;)


6 comments:
I'm glad you had a good two weeks together, sweetie! We love you and are thinking about you.
Thanks, Korrie. I love you guys, too! <3
Good job, I am proud of you. You should feel proud of getting through something so hard. You are getting stronger.
Thanks, Maren. That means a lot to me. =) Love you!
Skype...Thanksgiving??? I LUV YOU!!! :)
Sure! What time? :D
Post a Comment