Monday, October 17, 2011

Sad Week (with something to help us cheer up at the end)

This week has been a sad one.  :(
A Sergeant in John's chain of command passed away this week due to combat-related injuries.  He's been helping John since we got out here and took on a fatherly role in his military world.  This man was there to let Johnny know when he needed to do better and was there to acknowledge it when he did.  He was someone that John has really looked up to and is having a hard time losing.  My heart is with the Sergeant's grieving family.  The pain they are in must be so heavy and I hope their lives can heal in time.
Also lost this week was a friend of mine from High School, Mya.  She was such a sweet woman with so much talent.  She made and decorated cakes beautifully and, with each new one she made, I wished I had such talent.  She was married just weeks ago and it hurts me to think how sad her family must be at this time.
Both of these friends it feels like left this place far too soon and I hope that I see them again in the next place.
On a more positive note, I'll get to see my Johnny in a couple of weeks. =)  It will be so nice to be with him again.  I miss talking to him and just hanging out together.  I know it's cliche, but he really is my best friend.  The time until he gets here will feel very long, I know, but I'll just keep going until he's here. ^_^

Extra thing about me:  Name a comic that you love. (If you click on each comic, you can view its original size and more easily read it.)
o.o There are sooo many.  Hm... Well, it's probably everyone's favorite, but I love Calvin & Hobbes so much!  Maybe because Calvin reminds me a lot of John. xD  Reading it feels like escaping to childhood for a few brief moments.
And I gotta include my second favorite: Sinfest.  It's a web comic that satirizes society quite a lot, but the writer, Tatsuya Ishida, also writes about his cat and dog and I looooove those ones the most!
:)

No comments: